Author Topic: [Answered] Disabling Mod Ruleset Validation Checks  (Read 1514 times)

Offline OmniscientQ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Answered] Disabling Mod Ruleset Validation Checks
« on: July 19, 2021, 08:21:16 pm »
I had been hoping that the next release of X-Piratez would be compliant with the new ruleset sanity checks on the latest versions of OXCE, but alas. It was not to be. Normally, I'd just build an older version that Piratez is known to work with. However, there are a few critical bugs that have been resolved since 7.0. I'm not sure there's any version that both contains these fixes and lacks the new sanity checks that are incompatible with Piratez.

Is there an option, either in the options.cfg file or a parameter I can set when compiling, to disable the checks? Would that even be a good idea?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 11:40:32 am by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Disabling Mod Sanity Checks
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 11:50:03 am »
Is there an option, either in the options.cfg file or a parameter I can set when compiling, to disable the checks? Would that even be a good idea?

Yes, the option is oxceModValidationLevel.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Disabling Mod Sanity Checks
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 10:15:51 pm »

It's a good idea for old mods that are not maintained anymore by anyone.

It's a bad idea for still maintained mods... in this case you should wait for a newer version of the mod before upgrading the engine.