Author Topic: New weapon suggestion XM-25  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
New weapon suggestion XM-25
« on: July 27, 2021, 08:09:22 pm »
I really like the XM29 OICW weapon. But only the part that is implemented as a grenade launcher. It's very cool to shoot grenades directly. But as technology advances, the 5.56 bullet is getting very old. Nevertheless, the direct fire grenade launcher is useful even late in the game.

Guys, how do you look at adding another weapon to the "Revived Weapons" branch.
I'm talking about the XM-25. It is essentially a grenade launcher based on the XM29 OICW only without the rifle part.
Direct fire grenade launchers are excellent!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 08:11:31 pm by Bonakva »

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: New weapon suggestion XM-25
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 02:54:53 am »
excellent suggestion, - except that "rainbow" colours in roughly middle section of the gun - at the main barrel

also, abit i dont like somuch a such rainbow colouring scheme, imo it doesnt fit well with tha such hi-tech, deadly gun..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 05:03:11 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 06:59:47 am »
This is not a high-tech weapon of the future... although it depends on how you look at it...
It's an existing weapon. The project was developed, but was frozen because it was too expensive to produce and did not satisfy the army's "wants".
It's perfect for the "REVIVED WEAPONS" line of research.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM25_CDTE

I have an eternal problem with grenades. I find it difficult to use grenades because of the fact that you need to perform a lot of actions (go to the inventory, move the grenade, activate the grenade, throw, wait for the turn). A lot of action, and the result you find out in the enemy's turn. For me this was not acceptable. I like instant damage.
So instead of grenades, I started trying to use grenade launchers as additional weapons (grenade launcher, Milkor and tactical launcher).
Grenade launcher was the worst, very TU dependent. It's like grenades, only you do not need to activate ...
A great plus was that in the hour of need you can grab a grenade launcher from his backpack and make an important shot. And also the fact that two of them have a magazine. But in general, grenade launchers do not do much damage (perhaps I'm a loser and randomizer mocked). They are also very inaccurate. I would have settled for the tactical launcher, but damn, it's very heavy.
Then I tried rocket launchers, the power of most of them was overkill for me, but the main downside to my game was the constant reloading and sheer weight. In general I would have used launchers with multiple round magazines, but again, very heavy. It just so happens that in my style of play all soldiers are kitted out universally. And I did not want to make a specific grenade launcher. Also, to shoot the enemy if he is close. It hurts...
Suddenly I saw the love of my life on the horizon. The XM29 destruction machine. It's like the child of a grenade launcher and a rocket launcher.
It has a magazine for several rounds.
Damage per shot is excellent.
If the enemy is close it's not scary, the blast radius is small.
Weight complete with shells is not great - can be carried as an additional weapon in a backpack.
Accuracy and TU shot is excellent.
Direct aiming is more of a plus than a minus, allows you to fully fight if the ceiling is low.
I love this weapon. I carry it in addition to my main weapon, exclusively with high-explosive shells. If there was a separate grenade launcher with the same concept, but without the assault rifle it would be perfect.

And the pictures are taken from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
 :D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 07:16:11 am by Bonakva »

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 01:43:53 pm »
I'm not sure if this will fit what you are looking for but I've created a sprite set based on the images you provided.

You can find it here.

Thank you for sharing that art, it is an interesting weapon design.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 03:55:35 pm »
This rifle doesn't exist yet.