Author Topic: How come nobody likes my artwork?  (Read 9645 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: How come nobody likes my artwork?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 02:59:38 am »
Yeah, I think I can work with these. I'm going to try and enhance the shine a bit and maybe add some perspective. I'll see what happens and post it here.

Hyper2Snyper

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 03:00:47 am »
thanks.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 03:04:40 am »
You have the wrong palette on these. I'm going to try to switch it to xcom tactical and then get to work. P.S. could you provide explanations of what these items are supposed to be? It'll help inspire my work.

edit: I can't convert the image palettes directly; likely they use different colors than what is available in the tactical palette.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:12:37 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Hyper2Snyper

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 03:23:42 am »
ok. the green pyramid thing is meant to be a HE explosive disk-Mine, the red one is incendiary, the black one is smoke, FloorAT is the floorOb version of the green one, and the one alien grenade thing is supposed to be an incendiary form of the alien grenade.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 03:56:23 am »
How's this one? I pictured it as a disk-ish object made of interchanging metal and glowy-green discs stacked to be wider at the base. I built the new one from scratch out of the tactical palette and made it bigger, to better fill the 32x16 size of a 2x1 tile inventory object. I also gave it a transparent instead of black background. It should be transparent, anyway, I don't know why it looks green.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:58:27 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Hyper2Snyper

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 05:10:32 am »
that's really cool. maybe you could make it more human-ish, since you can get it at the start. side note, could you get me the correct color pallet. The one I have is apparently incorrect
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:51:30 am by Hyper2Snyper »

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 07:40:02 am »
I've got it here but you can also switch a file to it using Falko's tool: https://falkooxc2.pythonanywhere.com/

edit: it won't let me upload the palette file. You can find the correct palette in the image I attached above.

Hyper2Snyper

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 07:51:05 am »
im using windows paint so that's probably why the pallet wont work

The_Funktasm

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 05:53:04 am »
From what I see all of your stuff deserves more traffic. It is up there with the content people make for newer games that replaces and fills in for default content in a way that enhances some of what's already there. In any case there should be as much content as possible, IMO. Look at Doom! They've got like 60 pump shotguns in their fan resources. And that's fine! Also I like how you decided that brown of the heavy laser was appropriate for the rest. I had an idea like that too, and it just kind of seems like a military research thing, if in a cynical way.