Author Topic: Customization appearance of soldiers  (Read 3931 times)

Offline Dercik

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Customization appearance of soldiers
« on: July 14, 2013, 02:45:40 pm »
What i love most about XCOM:EU is the advanced customizing option.
And I was wondering...
Maybe we could also give possibility to choose sprite for our soldiers along with portrait, that could uploaded from preset or custom.jpg? Like in f.e. Icewind dale 2.
Portraits could look like as in the UFO Apocalypse but with health and left AP displayed (and maybing turning grey if AP=0 or make him wait for next turn (can't remember how it was exactly called but i think you know what i mean).
This could also make quicker selection of guys by just clicking in corresponding.
(I know someone planned it already to do in battlescape UI mod.)

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Customization appearance of soldiers
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 06:35:05 am »
this has been requested several times, and is a nice idea, however with the current GUI it would be near impossible to have all that info on display.

Also i have been attempting to create a new GUI for higher resolutions, this will give you more real-state and be able to do this, so if you want to do it go crazy!!! i can send you the updated files to make the control panel work. I can't do as i think it will need serious amount of coding skills, which i do not have :)

by the way this was a test of the GUI i was working on, the colors are crap i do not know how to fix waiting for Warboy to help me out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJeV2GO8O24
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:42:15 am by xracer »