Author Topic: [Answered] build-over of research space leads to negative research space used  (Read 1283 times)

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
When playing XCF and building an Advanced Intelligence Center over Intelligence Center (which provides space for5 researchers), with all the researchers full at work, I got to -5 available research space. So I suppose the scientists can continue working on their on-going projects in the living quarters even if the lab goes under construction.

I recall seeing this before as well. If you reassign scientists, you can no longer go negative. But I do have a recollection that some others things are checked in other build-overs (IIRC for example building over a facility that provides storage capacity requires reducing the used storage capacity first).

I wonder if it's intentional that this is not checked at build-over phase, and prevented - requiring you to de-assign the scientists first?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 05:32:08 pm by psavola »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
It's intentional.
If the (finished) upgrade doesn't decrease the lab space, it's allowed.

Only storage space is not allowed, and only if the storage space enforcing option is turned on.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
PS: Hangars will most likely also not be allowed in the future... after the hangar types feature is implemented.