aliens

Author Topic: [Submod] Facility Expansion Pack [X-Com Files]  (Read 5226 times)

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [Submod] Facility Expansion Pack [X-Com Files]
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2024, 11:28:03 am »
Sorry for the late reply, been occupied with other things. yes there were explosion in that battle and I won it. So far I am aware of items being scattered around in the hangar did not happen to me. (a previous playthrough without the facility expansion pack mod enabeled.)

Offline shanadir

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2024, 04:21:03 pm »
so, from the lack of mention in any changelog or description in the mod, is it not supposed remove bio lab services from the XCOM HQ?
Because MAN, does that delay you getting anywhere in the game. Having to research advanced medicine before you can perform a monster autopsy and get promotion 1, delaying it by several months is a pretty big deal, especially in a brutal ai run...

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2024, 08:47:15 am »
Humvee bug/issue. Despite it being a normal-sized car, it cannot be put in a garage. It also cannot be put in a hangar. Basically one can research it, but cannot put it anywhere. Editing the ruleset file and bugfixing it manually by changing its garage type to 0 (regular garage) works.

Offline AlicePaws

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2024, 01:39:07 pm »
I'm not sure if anyone has already shared the updated fixes with you or if its even helpful at all to send them to you at this point but here they are, I've yet to try this succesor to the mod but from what im seeing it looks awesome

Offline zee_ra

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2024, 07:15:43 am »
The idea with the antigrav 2x2 facility is quite ingenious.  And also the idea with manufacturing 3x3 facility.  This does help to workaround some of the current hangar spec limitations.

I think that some revision may be suitable, however.  The special grav-dock facility seems to be more appropriate for a space craft.  The question is what to do with the 3x3 facility?  A production base needs to be able to produce both spacecrafts and fighters, and ideally spacecrafts should be in their own exclusive category.  Does it mean that an advanced production base needs to have both 3x3 and 2x2 facilities in order to produce a full range of crafts?  The only downside I see with this approach is that there would be insufficient extra space available to place either workshops or living quarters, or base defenses.

Do you think this problem has a solution under current constraints?

Offline rkagerer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2024, 01:47:30 pm »
Does this mod play well with the older Garage mod?

For now, I just want a small 1x1 hangar than can store a vehicle.  So I'm going to add the old Garage mod to my game.  If I later want to install this mod, should I remove the Garage mod first?  Will that mess up my savegame?  Or should I leave both mods active, and in that case will it result in any weird behavior e.g. duplicate facility types listed?

Finally, if I save the game on Windows with OXCE-Brutal, but then load that savegame on Android with noraml OXCE, what will happen?  Wlll the garage tile just be nonfunctional?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 01:59:31 pm by rkagerer »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2024, 02:19:52 pm »
Somewhat. One of the garages will overwrite the other, depending on mod load order, but they're not too different, so it should be playable.

You should be able to move from one mod to another, but your garages will get converted. No duplicates. You can have both mods active but, as said before, one garage will take precedence.

You can't use either mod with vanilla OXCE, since the hangar types feature is only in BOXCE.

Offline rkagerer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2024, 07:56:47 am »
...the hangar types feature is only in BOXCE.

Do you think it would be difficult to backport that to stock OXCE?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2024, 06:51:35 pm »
No, AFAIK it would be relatively easy. The better question is, will OXCE take it? And the answer to that is also no, OXCE devs want to do their own hangar code.