aliens

Author Topic: [Bug] turtle moving under Celatid vision (cydonia part 2) (reaction fire)  (Read 930 times)

Offline aziza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
OXCE 2024 7.12.0 (v2024-02-24) x64
all mods and settings are turned off

bug - cydonia part 2, turtle moving under Celatid vision

to reproduce:
1 download save + options
2 move your unit like in image below, it will move 1 tile per click (and stops moving) just because Celatid sees him

original topic with this bug

as Xilmi mentioned:

What possibly happens is that the celatid supposedly reaction-fires but it doesn't work because of too low ceiling or something but it still interrupts the movement.

Edit 2: This issue goes deeper. Even if I control the Celatid myself I don't get any error-message if I try to shoot but the shot doesn't actually fire. So whatever is done to check whether a shot should be working seems to succeed but the actual shot doesn't.
Yes. It doesn't use the game-logic from Createprojectile to check whether the shot will be fired but some weird Mod-script or something that apparently says it's okay without doing actual checking.
I used a workaround to fix it in BOXCE which is letting it be checked by my AI, which I also had to teach not to think that impossible shots are possible and where I recreated the checks that are done in Createprojectile.
And when a human tries to use an arcing-shot-weapon it apparently uses the same faulty check that will give a false-positive so the human doesn't get an error either. This part I didn't fix though.

There should have been a proper API that implements the logic in one place and is just referenced at all other places. But instead the check whether it works was only done when the shot is already supposed to be fired and there's now 2 different methods who do a validity check before that happens. One works properly (mine) and one doesn't and creates false positives (the one that was used before).

But I didn't want to spend too much effort so I just did the simplest thing I could come up with to make it work.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm by aziza »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Yes, this is happening because the Celatid wants to react, but cannot (it doesn't have arcing trajectory).

This has been reported many times already, and I don't have any solution (or workaround) for it.

And even if I had a solution for it, it would likely be quite invasive, so I'd only implement it if OXC would implement it too.