Author Topic: [Submod] Alternate Starting Bases  (Read 789 times)

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[Submod] Alternate Starting Bases
« on: August 25, 2024, 03:51:38 pm »
After starting (and not finishing) many piratez playthroughs I got a bit tired of the default base and decided to spice it up a little bit. I have prepared three Kustom Startin' Bases of various layouts and power levels. Overall I tried to aim for interesting layouts or cool aesthetics rather than optimized defensive layouts.

UFO Defense Base

This is a riff on the starting base from XCOM: UFO Defense (1994). Keen eyes will note the Hyperwave Decoder; less keen eyes will note that it is a bombed-out ruin. This is potentially a strong start, but requires significant cash investment to renovate the base. The hangar layout is also somewhat challenging to defend.

Revolutionary Headquarters

Viva! This is intended for a Peasant Revolution playthrough starting in Venezuela. It can be difficult to design or remodel the starting base to accept a 3x3 building, so here's one that starts with it. Most of the original base structures (vaults, quarters, jail) are included in the RevHQ, and it includes space for training a whopping 32 crew. The RevHQ is a very strong building; it looks a bit minimal but you really don't need more than this.

Plantation Alley

Welcome to the rice fields. This one features four plantations and only a single hangar. This will make the earlygame finances a bit easier - the four plantations will pay most of your first-month bills. Later on the plantations can be built over and converted into hangars, large quarters/vaults, or other 2x2 facilities.

Offline WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Repensum Est Canicula
    • View Profile
Re: [Submod] Alternate Starting Bases
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2024, 09:41:25 am »
Hmm... Sounds like nice idea for a new feature to add: preset base selector at start of the game.

Offline WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Repensum Est Canicula
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024, 11:47:52 pm »
Well, your submod inspired me to create feature... And I created it:

Will be posting the commit itself into suggestions a little bit later.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2024, 12:53:00 am »
Great, thank you!

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2024, 05:49:35 pm »
Well, your submod inspired me to create feature... And I created it:

Will be posting the commit itself into suggestions a little bit later.
Extremely cool, thanks for the feature.