Author Topic: Spartanism  (Read 617 times)

Offline pipanni

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Spartanism
« on: June 07, 2024, 07:45:45 pm »
Hello

So I was reading some posts here on the forum and I came across "Spartanism", which according to many users is the best transformation for your soldiers.

But the thing is I am fairly advanced in the game and I never saw any Spartanism anywhere. I can already research "Cydonia or Bust", which if I'm not mistaken is the final mission, and yet none of my troops can get Spartanism. Is this normal? Has it been removed or something?

From what I can read in the docs I'm supposed to get a misterious package from the Syndicate. I've had many dealings with them but no package has arrived.

I do have Psyonic Labs and lots of soldiers with high psy skills, so I should see that transformation, right?

Please help. I need Spartanism!

Cheers,
Pipanni

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Spartanism
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 09:50:55 pm »
You get it once you finish the syndicate arc. Your post does not indicate whether you have done it or not. You get the parcel after dealing with the syndicate HQ and decrypting the testament with Schutzstaffeln Ring. When the percel has arrived (it's a trigger that has a chance of occuring once a month), you need to decrypt it. Maybe you need to check the tech tree viewer to see what you're missing.

Online Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2024, 06:24:20 am »
You can attach your save to the post, and we can take a look to define what you're missing.

Offline pipanni

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2024, 10:34:46 am »
Hi

Thanks for the replies. I think I did finish the Syndicate arc, or at least I seem to remember a tough mission that said something about the Syndicate HQ.

Any way I'm attaching my latest save game so you can take a look.

Savegame file (zip): https://file.io/ZrSOr846kl7F OR here: https://easyupload.io/d0pgit

Cheers

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2024, 11:41:43 am »
You've somehow researched the Syndicate package without getting Spartanism. Most likely due to continuing an older save with the package already researched, or similar. Possibly because of some bug in an intermediade version of XCF.

You can just remove the parcel research from your save, re-add a parcel item and research it. Fixed save attached.

Offline pipanni

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2024, 12:24:44 pm »
Thanks. After a few edits I was able to get Spartanism. Already trying it on a poor "volunteer"!  ;D