Author Topic: Helix knights  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Daedalus87m

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Helix knights
« on: June 23, 2023, 05:07:17 pm »
So, what are the requirements to use the transformation?

I've been trying to figure out what combination of other transformations you need to do it but I don't know what else I need.

And to a lesser extent helix Psion too, although I just got there and my hybrids are all noobs still, so it will take a while to train them up for upgrades

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Helix knights
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 05:36:30 pm »
So, what are the requirements to use the transformation?

I've been trying to figure out what combination of other transformations you need to do it but I don't know what else I need.

Bio-enhancement, Install TNI, Combat pilot training, and Martial arts training.

You'll get better stats if you do Install TNI last.

To fulfill the requirements for martial arts training, you'll likely need have particular focus in training melee accuracy. For example ghost missions are very good for this as there a number of relatively harmless enemies which you can try to train with.

And to a lesser extent helix Psion too, although I just got there and my hybrids are all noobs still, so it will take a while to train them up for upgrades

Sectoid legacy, Install TNI, Combat pilot training and Martial arts training.

Offline Daedalus87m

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 05:43:02 pm »
Thank you very much 🙏

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 07:04:38 pm »
You'll get better stats if you do Install TNI last.
How do you figure that?

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 07:50:33 pm »
How do you figure that?

I think I read something like that in a thread and it sounded logical. This logic assumes that flat stat changes cannot exceed the stat cap but bonus stats can. But I must admit I have not tested this and I would like to get confirmation or get it debunked. So:

Martial arts training gives both flat stats change and a bonus, pilot training only flat stats change. TNI and Bio-enhancement give only bonus stats. As far as I have understood, you should do ones that do flat stats changes first (ie. combat pilot and martial arts training), otherwise you may end up in a situation where the bonus stats cause the stat to be already over the stat cap, and then flat stats changes do nothing (or give lesser change).

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 08:53:02 pm »
As far as I know, anything that's a bonus doesn't care about when it's added, since boni are separate from actual stats. Think of them as a separate gauge altogether, similar to armor bonuses.

The only randomness I know comes from random stat gains after battle, which can make your final stats vary by about up to 5 points. If you 'fill up' your regular stats before the final experience boost, you get a 0 for your random 'bonus'. That's about the only downside I'm aware of for gym training (but gym training doesn't max stats except for reactions and psi, so this is usually moot) and 'flat' transformations.

'Flat' changes are basically a way to train agents faster. So you get more (or nearly all, in the case of CPT) value from doing that before maxing an agent, and maybe a bit extra from using these to speed up the fulfilment of stat requirements for subsequent transformations. You'll end up in the same place (barring random exp rolls), just faster.

You can kinda see this working by noticing you always get the bonus stats in the transformation UI, but the 'flat' stats ('changes') can be reduced or even go missing if the agent is buff enough.

So, yeah, you get more value (but not higher stats) for doing CPT/MA first, then TNI/Bio. In practice, I've usually had Bio-Enhancement unlocked first, as MA has some stiff stat prerequisites, TNI takes some special missions and manufacturing the implants themselves, and CPT has not been early enough in my research path to become available before BE. Your experience may vary, of course.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 09:11:26 pm by Juku121 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2023, 12:45:52 pm »
I must admit that yes, at some point certain training order used to be beneficial, because I was only learning the system. But now it shouldn't matter, unless I missed something.