aliens

Author Topic: Can't figure it out  (Read 1432 times)

Offline midnight77

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Can't figure it out
« on: June 14, 2022, 11:19:26 pm »
Hi! Excited to play the game, but I'm running into an issue. I can't figure out how to give my troops mag-lites. It's not in the equipment when a mission starts, but I definitely have some in base inventory. I'm asking because night missions are really dark, and I can't do them without a light.

Offline Rag

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Can't figure it out
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 12:54:42 am »
If you go into Options > Advanced then scroll down to Extended section you should see two settings for "Select Night Vision Colour" and "Auto Night Vision Threshold" You can change the threshold to change at what point the game will automatically activate global nightvision for you as the player. I personally use 11 as my threshold which activates in most dim light missions (and 8 for colour for a cool purple as personal preference) You can also force the night vision to activate / de-activate manually by holding down the keybind which I think is spacebar by default unless I changed it to that without remembering.

This won't give your troops nightvision, but will let you see the map with full nightvision to understand the terrain. Your agents will still need their own light source to see better.

As for the problem equiping them onto the craft, I don't know what the problem is there sorry. But if you want to check what is on the craft you can click the "Inventory" button at the bottom of the craft equipment page and it will show you the screen that pops up at the start of a mission showing you everything on the floor of your craft. If the Mag-lite isn't there then there must have been a problem putting it onto the craft. Once it is on the craft you can right click the mag-lite on the ground to turn it on before the mission begins in the same way you can pre-prime grenades.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 12:58:47 am by Rag »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 01:16:38 am »
Mag Lites are a trap. ;D $2200 for a glorified flashlight?! If you feel the need to clobber people with something so much, you can get more baseball bats for that money than you can fit agents on any craft.

If you absolutely need to light up the night, throw some flares like everyone did back when men were real men, women were real women, and little green grey men from Mars were real little green grey men from Mars. :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 01:26:40 am by Juku121 »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 09:38:12 am »
Screenshots and/or a save file might help. The only reason I can think of for the flash light not showing up are filter settings or the flash lights not being in the base inventory.

Offline Fanofgaming

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 03:36:38 pm »
This might be a silly question, but have you actually put the maglights in your car's equipment? The way you described the issue, it sounds like you just bought them and then sent the car on a mission expecting them to be available, but you have to equip the vehicle with any equipment you want to be available to your agents from the base.