aliens

Author Topic: How can i make the escalation take longer?  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Aelhis

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
How can i make the escalation take longer?
« on: May 17, 2022, 07:51:24 pm »
Hello, first and foremost great work on the mod, kudo for the team and Solarius!

What I wanted to ask is what files and more specifically what parts I need to edit to make the game start 1 or 2 years earlier? I saw that some rules files like missions have startMonth, endMonth for some events, is that all I need to change? I think changing the date itself will not work right? I'm a programmer myself so I'm tech savvy enough to find stuff, I just wanted some general targeting on what I should be looking for to edit.

The story is that I was doing a superhuman playthro and got to 99 somewhat well to handle the aliens and stuff, but there was still so many things to research and get to know, also the SHEER ammount of save and loading just disgusted me and I kinda lost the thrill of playing it, then I started 2 or 3 self imposed ironman runs, but now without the power of save loading the defeats just make it so much harder to make it strong to that 99 deadline, so It got me thinking of giving me 1 or 2 year earlier.

Kind Regards
Ael

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: How can i make the escalation take longer?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 08:03:20 pm »
Starting earlier (changing the date) will shift everything (and achieve nothing).

Starting with negative number of months passed will not generate most missions (and eventually fail at month = -1).

You could cheat by changing the `monthsPassed: X` in the save every month and keep every month for two months.

Or you can change the entire mod to make the pace slower. There's no easy way to do that.

Offline Aelhis

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 08:09:00 pm »
@Meridian,

I think your idea of the save edit is the less effort one... so every 2 months I just edit that var, and that's where all the mod looks for regarding knowing the dates?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 08:14:54 pm »
yup

Offline stn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 11:28:18 am »
What I wanted to ask is what files and more specifically what parts I need to edit to make the game start 1 or 2 years earlier?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2nlt62yri9p8fe/Begin_in_1994.7z?dl=0