Author Topic: OUYA  (Read 14428 times)

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OUYA
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 05:43:53 pm »
Hmm, that GCW could have better display. 3.5 inch LCD with 320x240 pixels is quite weak those times. OpenPandora have 800×480 resolution touchscreen LCD, 4.3.

Also, it could have more memory.

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 06:21:34 pm »
Hmm, that GCW could have better display. 3.5 inch LCD with 320x240 pixels is quite weak those times. OpenPandora have 800×480 resolution touchscreen LCD, 4.3.

Also, it could have more memory.
The Special Edition had twice as much memory, which is why I was a little drawn back by them continuing with a lower spec unit.

The screen size was also mentioned several times (even I asked), and they said anything else would bump the cost up significantly. I guess they're hoping the lower sell price might be more encouraging for buyers, especially if the console with the lower specs can still cover all the games it's designed too (which is primarily NES, SNES, Megadrive, MasterSystem etc.)

I have a Pandora (and am planning an OpenXcom build at some point in my life, and techically, it's back in Germany for upgrades atm), you can see the price is over double that of the GCW, though it's not a direct comparison anyway.

I hope the GCW succeeds, but having a Pandora, and barely using it (I wasn't sure if it was worth the upgrade, but one of my nubs was broken), I probably won't end up getting one.

You might have to split this to a GCW thread too :)

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 08:28:10 pm »
Hehe, or rename topic to "OUYA and other consoles" ;)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 02:23:05 am »
Didn't know the OUYA promised classic gaming. Hell yeah! When is this thing coming out? Is it coming out this year?

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 10:20:26 am »
Wikipedia says:
December 28, 2012 (Devs)
March 2013 (Preorder)
April 2013 (Retail)