aliens

Author Topic: Enormous Heavy Plasma Clip?  (Read 2664 times)

Offline CatBrains

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Enormous Heavy Plasma Clip?
« on: October 23, 2014, 06:02:13 pm »
Newbie to these forums.  I did a quick search and didn't see anything on this topic, so apologies if it is well-worn territory.

For some reason the Heavy Plasma Clips take up 0.3 units of storage.  All other clips or grenades or even most guns only take up 0.1. 

Is there a reason for this?  Making it intentionally painful to use Heavy Plasma as a primary weapon for the whole squad?

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Enormous Heavy Plasma Clip?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 06:34:15 pm »
Not an official answer, but I would guess it's one of those idiosyncrasies from the original game that just made it thru.  For another example I noticed that corpse weights are a little funky (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2884.msg31159#msg31159).  There are a bunch of things like that but they aren't enough of an issue to be deemed either a bug or a feature so they get put in in an effort to maintain the option to play the game in it's vanilla form.

You can write a short ruleset adjusting that too. https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Rulesets_%28OpenXcom%29

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Enormous Heavy Plasma Clip?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 06:54:10 pm »
Newbie to these forums.  I did a quick search and didn't see anything on this topic, so apologies if it is well-worn territory.

For some reason the Heavy Plasma Clips take up 0.3 units of storage.  All other clips or grenades or even most guns only take up 0.1. 

Is there a reason for this?  Making it intentionally painful to use Heavy Plasma as a primary weapon for the whole squad?

IIRC, that's related to the space they occupy in General Stores at your base, not something battlefield related.