aliens

Author Topic: No terror missions?  (Read 2885 times)

Offline fildred13

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
No terror missions?
« on: July 24, 2014, 01:33:04 am »
I'm about 30 hours into a campaign on either veteran or genius, I can't remember.  Strangely, there hasn't been a SINGLE terror mission in those 30 real-life hours.  I may have shot down one terror ship in that time, but certainly no more than that one.  Am I just getting lucky, or is my radar coverage so good that I'm scaring the ships off?  Or is openxcom doing something funny?  I'm a veteran Xcom player and I'm used to a fair number of terror missions, yet in this first playthrough of openxcom there have been NONE.

Any thoughts on this?  Am I just lucky?  Am I doing something I don't know?  Could it be a bug?

EDIT: So I found this thread after I kept reading: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1815.0

According to that post's logic, could I just have a game where terror missions are weighted low, AND I'm being so effective at shooting down the scouting/etc missions that I just keep pushing the terror missions back again and again?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:42:06 am by fildred13 »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: No terror missions?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 02:12:30 am »
You might also want to check this post

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: No terror missions?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 06:55:05 am »
Lol...

Just finished a session.  Got 2 base defenses, a terror site, and encountered floaters with blaster launchers.   Sheer experience and dumb luck kept my young boys from getting turned to slatherings of flesh on a wall.

That was all in the month of January!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:53:13 am by BlackLibrary »