aliens

Author Topic: Would you play a X-Com/Evil Genius love child?  (Read 5752 times)

Offline Incognito

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Would you play a X-Com/Evil Genius love child?
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:07:25 pm »
I mean there is no such thing I'm aware of, but the idea appeals to me lately, sort of X-Com with more in-depth base building in the vain of Evil Genius, Dungeon Keeper ... even alittle bit Theme Hospital. Layout rooms, corridors, internal defenses etc, build amenities to make your personnel happy, etc.

Just a thought.

Offline Sharp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Would you play a X-Com/Evil Genius love child?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:23:12 pm »
Sounds more like a Dungeon Keeper love-child rather then X-Com unless you mean like X-Com for missions and stuff but when aliens invade it's more like dungeon keeper?

Or unless X-Com missions are just dice rolled in which case it would be Evil Genius.

Offline Incognito

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:29:30 pm »
I suppose I mean you still retain the 'geoscape'/'battlecape' parts, aliens invasion and all that. But when you zoom in on base management its not just a small grid of pre-sized rooms viewed from afar ... its, well a larger grid of custom-sized rooms view more closely (As you would see them in battlescape) where you can watch your engineers building stuff, soldiers training and relaxing and your scientists sciencing in semi-real time (Either time is ticking by slowly or its paused in the geoscape, but you still watch your personnel do their thing).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 04:47:16 am »
Would I? I thought about it all my life, bro. Ever since 1997. And definitely from before The Sims.
This game must be made someday.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 05:04:05 am »
These kinds of games have always appealed to me... an X-COM base sim, oh yeah! But yeah, anything about running X-COM in-general, give it to me! As long as it's done right.

Offline Pierzasty

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 07:05:26 pm »
Do you mean an "evil X-Com" mod? You build alien bases, cloning facilities, earn resources from human/cattle abduction, send UFOs on various other missions, search out and invade those pesky X-Com bases, with the eventual goal of signing treaties with all major powers and/or having X-Com dismantled?

I'm in.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 08:16:19 pm »
Do you mean an "evil X-Com" mod? You build alien bases, cloning facilities, earn resources from human/cattle abduction, send UFOs on various other missions, search out and invade those pesky X-Com bases, with the eventual goal of signing treaties with all major powers and/or having X-Com dismantled?

I'm in.

Well, I was thinking more of an "X-Com meets The Sims" game, where we can observe daily life in your base, know your soldiers better, maybe follow some kind of romance between them... But your idea definitely has potential too!

Offline Incognito

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 11:00:21 pm »

I'm in.

Well no, but that seems like a pretty kicking idea too.

Offline Marrik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 02:27:53 am »
id play the HELL out of an Evil Genius game/mod where you play the away-missions on an xcom style battlescape.

speaking of Evil Genius, do any of you guys play that game a lot/mod it? i love Evil Genius :D