Author Topic: Salvage Vessel  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
  • 100% Un-Professional XCOM Lets Player
    • View Profile
    • FINAL MOD PACK LP OUT SOON NOW RECRUITING! SIGN UP TODAY!
Salvage Vessel
« on: August 14, 2013, 03:55:44 pm »
I think it would be very cool to have a salvage ship that has to go and pick up the equipment and items from the secured alien craft. (Especially if the Skyranger is overloaded already) Then that salvage ship must be defended against possible alien attacks adding another level of game play.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: Salvage Vessel
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 06:24:06 pm »
:)

yes, this has been suggested before. I'd like to see that, too, but several people pointed out (and I have to say they may be right) that this adds too much detail, forcing the player to do too much micromanagement. probably this could still be implemented in a simplified way... look at this thread, where I tried to suggest a compromise... maybe you can chime in with your ideas.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Salvage Vessel
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 06:32:12 pm »
We need to put a list of features already requested :)

something like "we know we would like to do it, do you want to do it?"

Jstank, yes we have also thought about this and there is a fairly large thread on this and it was reviewed recently if my memory serves me right.

i think Moriarty had one of the better implementation suggestions, look for it maybe you can give better ideas. Or better yet maybe you can write some code :) I am not being mean, just hoping we get more coders :) so that features like this can come to the game faster :)

this is the thread
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1442.0.html