aliens

Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Disable or highlight exhauster research items  (Read 351 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
[SUGGESTION] Disable or highlight exhauster research items
« on: September 11, 2024, 05:18:05 pm »
we know that once a topic has been searched, it disappears from the related screen, however for some objects that can be searched multiple times this is not the case, they become highlighted in white but continue to be present, in some mods like xpiratez it can be inconvenient because the player could search for them again without realizing it; in fact you should not play with the tech tree viewer activated because it is a kind of cheat, so why not make these topics disappear automatically once they are exhausted?

Or have an option to highlight them in another color so that they can be sold?

Thanks

see screenshot attached, to get an example of what i mean
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 01:10:50 am by ontherun »

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION] Disable or highlight exhauster research items
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2024, 05:35:05 pm »
some objects that can be searched multiple times this is not the case

I can't reproduce this issue. Items that have nothing left to give cannot be researched anymore. Can you attach a .sav file?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2024, 11:03:15 pm »
I can't reproduce this issue. Items that have nothing left to give cannot be researched anymore. Can you attach a .sav file?

Actually i think it' s more an OXCE thing than a xpiratez one, i used the internal tech viewer to rake that screenie,  but i recently started to play it again and i though there is something to do about it, there are a lot of saves in the "Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide" thread, i added mine too, the very last one is here

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2024, 11:32:54 pm »
In your save, you don't have a Spartan Rifleman in the prison, nor in the active research list, nor in the possible new research list.
It's not available anywhere, as expected.

If your request is to hide it also from the tech tree viewer, then the answer is no.
Tech tree viewer contains everything.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2024, 01:15:40 am »
In your save, you don't have a Spartan Rifleman in the prison, nor in the active research list, nor in the possible new research list.
It's not available anywhere, as expected.

If your request is to hide it also from the tech tree viewer, then the answer is no.
Tech tree viewer contains everything.

Yes  i told i used the viewer because i sold it before,  i see as for the viewer is a technical tool, but - no involving the tech viewer -  it might be possible for topics that give multiple reports to disappear from the topics pool, so player have to remember and sold these, or being highlighted in a different color so we might sold them?

pheraphs the former solution is the best one, so we don't have ti stress ourselves too much :)

That was my request
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 01:56:04 am by ontherun »

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2024, 02:02:53 am »
So your suggestion is that in the debriefing/storage/prisoner windows, items/prisoners that cannot be researched anymore should be colored differently... because otherwise the player has to manually check them every time before selling.

Your problem of having to remember such a thing is already solved. There's a feature in options called Loot Sell Manager. When a mission ends, just like items, the game will remember which prisoners you sold before, so any prisoners that you can't research anymore, you should just sell there, and the game will remember the sales in all the future missions.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2024, 09:37:20 pm »
So your suggestion is that in the debriefing/storage/prisoner windows, items/prisoners that cannot be researched anymore should be colored differently... because otherwise the player has to manually check them every time before selling.

Your problem of having to remember such a thing is already solved. There's a feature in options called Loot Sell Manager. When a mission ends, just like items, the game will remember which prisoners you sold before, so any prisoners that you can't research anymore, you should just sell there, and the game will remember the sales in all the future missions.

i know but i meant to have some qol thing related to the research screen, if possibile  :)