Author Topic: [Suggestion] "Kamikaze" UFOs  (Read 576 times)

Offline Kozinsky

• Colonel
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] "Kamikaze" UFOs
« on: January 10, 2024, 12:08:15 pm »
A small addition to the alien missile attack functionality from this thread.
I propose to add a new parameter to UFOs, indicating that this UFO during dogfight with the player's aircraft will self-destruct and cause the specified damage (from the parameter "power") to the player's aircraft. For example:
ufos:
  - type: STR_SMALL_ROCKET
    isKamikaze: true #default - false

The behavior of this UFO during air combat: it tries to approach the player's aircraft at the highest possible speed (as if it had the parameter "range: 1", or even less than 1 but greater than 0). The "range" parameter itself is ignored because it has no meaning. As soon as the distance between the UFO and the airplane is equal to 0, the UFO is detonated, the player's aircraft is damaged and the air combat ends.
If during the dogfight the player destroys this UFO at a distance greater than 0, the combat ends as if it was just a normal UFO, i.e. without any consequences to the player's aircraft.
If the player destroys a UFO at distance 0, the UFO also self-destructs, causing damage to the player's aircraft.

With this feature, I hope, it is possible to realize a kind of air defense system protecting alien bases from the player's attack.