aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Keep mission from auto ending on enemy turn with units wounded  (Read 72 times)

Offline hederino

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
To clear it up:
With the "auto-end battle" option enabled, if you eliminate the last remaining enemy on your turn and you have any wounded units, you're given the chance to not instantly terminate the mission so as to take care of the wounded. If the same thing happens on the enemy turn (or, though extremely unlikely, on the civilian turn), the mission ends right there and then, so you never get to treat your units. A common scenario is the last enemy firing and wounding your units and getting reaction killed. How about making it so the mission termination is delayed in such cases?

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
If you down the last enemy on the enemy turn, mission ends not because you would have auto-end enabled, but because that's how missions normally end heh. Because end of battle is checked at the end of each side's turn. In other words, your suggestion has nothing to do with the "auto-end battle" option.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:03:19 am by Delian »

Offline Irismono

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
I'll also note that I prefer it the way it is right now, since soldiers could very easily die from their wounds if the battle ticks over to X-COM's turn (plenty of times I've won by the skin of my teeth after running out of healing supplies), and since as it stands wound healing doesn't reduce recovery time by a massive amount. Not to mention, since it's been the way it is for so long, it could be confusing if the battle doesn't end immediately, leading to a stressful search for enemies that don't exist.

Offline hederino

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
it could be confusing if the battle doesn't end immediately, leading to a stressful search for enemies that don't exist.

Not if you get the "Mission completed. X units wounded. Terminate mission?" pop-up, which lets you know when all enemies are down.