Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Warboy1982

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 134
16
please zip up and upload the save itself, i'll see what i can see

17
Troubleshooting / Re: Difficulty 2 - heavy plasma on first ufo?!
« on: November 03, 2019, 08:31:47 am »
Was this also possible in original Ufo game? On the lowest difficulty (or is it different on 2nd difficulty)?

And are you sure? Never seen anything like that before in first mission.

yes, this is completely consistent with the original, difficulty has a small influence on the odds of retaliation, but it's never 0%, not even on beginner. it has no influence over the appearance of heavy plasma, though.
and yes, i'm absolutely certain.

Basin on https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Alien_Weapon_Loadouts

it seems in Large Scout you can get HP only in L... layouts - Late layouts.  The 1st month is a Late layout?

yes, those are the loadouts, but what this table DOESN'T show you is the chances of each loadout occurring.

there's a 10% chance for "late loadout", 20% chance for "mid loadout" and 70% chance for "early loadout" in january, and that's on a per-alien basis.
statistically speaking, if you encounter ten aliens, there's a 100% chance of one of them having heavy plasma

18
Troubleshooting / Re: Bring Out Your Dead!
« on: November 02, 2019, 07:43:45 am »
in the world of YAML, indentation is everything

19
Help / Re: What is the maximum number of different aliens per-battle?
« on: October 28, 2019, 09:52:35 am »
actually it's not limited in openxcom either, you can have 200 ranks if you want, but your equipment loadout lists need to be long enough to accomodate them

20
Help / Re: Few Tweaks for TFTD Extended
« on: October 25, 2019, 05:28:52 am »
just for the record, the melee stat isn't hidden at all in openxcom, it's out there for everyone to see

21
Troubleshooting / Re: Require Help Getting TFTD to work
« on: October 16, 2019, 01:07:09 pm »
use the snipping tool, it's part of windows

22
Open Feedback / Re: Help with TFTD
« on: October 16, 2019, 08:52:15 am »
luckily, getting the info from a medic WILL work in openxcom

23
OpenXcom Extended / Re: Solar's wishlist - offtopic
« on: October 16, 2019, 08:29:35 am »
let's try to keep the discussion civil, guys.
i can back up krautbernd's statement about requiring a bunch of specific code and extra work to implement such a feature
he may not be a developer, but you don't have to be a chef to know a lot of work goes in to a souffle
as for the bickering... this isn't really helping anyone, let's all take a deep breath, step back for a second and remember we're trying to work TOGETHER here to improve the game

24
OpenXcom Extended / Re: How underwater bullet trajectory works?
« on: September 12, 2019, 01:45:18 pm »
transparencyLUTs are moddable, the problem is he's setting the depth value greater than zero but doesn't have a battle2.cat to pull the audio from (that's my take on it anyway)

25
Troubleshooting / Re: Does anyone else get screentearing in the battlescape?
« on: September 11, 2019, 12:59:53 pm »
opengl modes support proper vsync, software methods approximate it.
using the RAW filter forces it through opengl without altering the output image.
hope this helps

26
Suggestions / Re: The zombie-cryssalid transformation delay suggestion
« on: September 11, 2019, 12:09:27 pm »
yeah, let's keep it civil, we're all on the same side here.

27
Help / Re: Items larger than 3x2
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:43:23 pm »
i wouldn't recommend going more than 3 tall, as the "ground" wouldn't be able to contain it , but 3 wide shouldn't be an issue.
that said, the soldier's hand slot is 3x2 so that may not go over too well either/

28
Open Feedback / Re: Use of grenades by aliens
« on: August 08, 2019, 11:13:00 pm »
bug confirmed.
bug isolated and interrogated.
bug neutralised.

carry on, citizen.

29
Help / Re: Testing the research tree
« on: August 07, 2019, 02:09:56 am »
yeah, that will work.

30
please, don't download 1.0, there's a reason it's not available through official sources any more.
if you absolutely must, please don't count on any kind of support.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 134