aliens

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - kkmic

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34
16
Area 51 / Re: Area 51 Version 0.9
« on: May 31, 2016, 10:12:45 am »
Can't believe I missed this until now.

Looking good Hobbes. Can't wait to give it a go.

17
XPiratez / Re: The Ice Pirates movie
« on: March 21, 2016, 11:25:30 am »
That's a nice old movie.... saw it a couple of times before. I think I'll be watching it again :)

18
Programming / Re: How close is milestone 2.0 game?
« on: March 14, 2016, 12:13:33 pm »
The 2.0 version was basically ready when TFTD support was introduced and the mod format was changed, but it was never officially released under that name by the developers.

19
Waterboy, thanks for the detailed explanation.

You have misread the name a bit, but thanks for the laugh :D

LE:  ;)

20
Open Feedback / Re: New Nightlies: openxcom or opentftd
« on: February 11, 2016, 10:24:31 am »
Huh?

OXC is an engine that supports both game versions, so the focus is on the X-Com experience in general, not in particular on any of the two.

21
Open Feedback / Re: Best IRC Client?
« on: January 26, 2016, 10:25:36 am »
If you just want to chat, any client would do.  Otherwise, it's a matter of personal preference.

22
Troubleshooting / Re: How I get the mods to run under Lubuntu?
« on: January 15, 2016, 11:43:44 am »
You should not use the 1.0 version (although is marked as "stable") due to the following:

  • It contains a lot of bugs that were fixed in the nightlies
  • It does not support the latest mod format used by the nightlies
  • It does not support TFTD like the nightlies

So, as Warboy said, use the nightlies.



Sadly, 1.0 is marked as "stable" since it manages to run, but the nightlies might contain undiscovered major bugs (they are usually fixed in the next nightly) that may prevent them from even starting. This is the price of living on the edge.



You should use one of the PPAs mentioned by R1dO (the winterheart's PPA seems to be more up-to-date with the nightlies), as it is way easier than building from source every time (the source code can be found on GitHub, if you want to take a shot at compiling it yourself).

Once you get the nightly installed, you need to add the original UFO and/or TFTD data in the mix. You can find some quick instructions on how to do that right here.

Then you can go to the modportal and download mods from there.

There are additional instructions on Ufopaedia (the portal seems to be down ATM).



Ask around on this forum or in the chat if you need additional assistance.

Have fun!




BTW Warboy, I think a "stable" version with TFTD and current mod format support is in order...

23
Offtopic / Re: Skipping terror missions?
« on: December 18, 2015, 10:30:58 am »
Cyberdisks? Oh boy... :)

24
Programming / Re: No way in hell
« on: December 17, 2015, 11:46:11 am »
That would mean that a soldier with 100% firing accuracy will have a 100% chance of hitting an exposed alien (100% of it is visible) and 25% chance of hitting an alien that is 75% hidden by cover, which is pretty natural IMHO.

However this creates the issue that OXC might show 100% or more accuracy for a soldier, but since the actual chance of hitting the alien might be 10% or less, the game will let you fire and you will have no idea why nine out of ten shots go wide...

This must go hand-in-hand with an accuracy display on cursor.

25
Why not simply show only the improved stats?

Something like

Code: [Select]
Ctibor Cernic 2TU 4STA 4HP
Exekiel Eke 1TU 5STA 1HP 3ACC 

I agree that the table format you use lets you quickly see which soldiers improved in one particular field, but it's taking too much screenspace. Can you at least dump the dots?

26
Released Mods / Re: [TFTD] "Combo Patch" v1.1
« on: December 03, 2015, 03:43:54 pm »
Sounds nice.

How about posting it on the MOD portal?

28
Offtopic / Re: The Firaxicon report
« on: October 08, 2015, 10:00:05 am »
I'm proud of OXC and it's wonderful community.

OXC has received Julian Gollop's approval and Firaxis' recognition... what could you want more?




Now to be honest... that T-shirt was the first thing I noticed in the photo... :)

29
Tools / Re: MCD Edit by volutar
« on: September 28, 2015, 03:51:43 pm »
I asked Volutar for a cross-platform version some time ago and the answer was no.

I've suggested to Volutar that he should try to port it using Lazarus (MCD Edit is written using Borland Delphi 7),  but one particular Delphi  component that deals with the PNG files/format is not portable/not available for Lazarus.

30
Programming / Re: Nightly Updater (Download Now Available)
« on: July 29, 2015, 02:42:44 pm »
Give the man an API.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34