Author Topic: Fuel Percentage  (Read 9666 times)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Percentage
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 03:57:34 am »
We can look into adding a new flag for "craft returning from mission" if the "low fuel" string really drives you nuts.
A nice and efficient proposition  :)

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 09:55:00 am »
While the "Low fuel" notification is vanilla, I remember it puzzled me the first time I have encountered it too. I got the meaning pretty quick - if returning from a mission, the transport is not available for another one until repaired/rearmed/refueled - but it always struck me as a last minute patch applied to the game.

My take: if it's trivial to implement, by all means, please do. But I'd rather see 1.0 out first, as I've learned to live with this "inconvenience" a long time ago.

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 09:14:59 am »
I'm quite certain that a Skyranger that can't fit one more soldier isn't going to have a harder time bringing back 50 aliens and 2 supply ships then it will have bringing back 25 aliens and 1 supply ship. There is no lore reason I can see for not going to the next mission site.

As for healing - if you are able to survive the 18 hour flight back to base at all, then you're not going to bleed out. As for the skyranger having non-portable medkits: All military transports have full medical kits, and all soldiers in combat have first aid kits. This has been true for at least a hundred years. However, in X-COM portable bandages are a groundbreaking technology prototyped in 1999 by an international crack team of scientists in a secret underground laboratory that specialized in ray-guns, psionics, cold fusion and non terrestrial alloys.

Any decisions about whether you should be able to go from site to site should be about game mechanics, not medikit lore. At least until you start with medikits and can purchase more, and they fit in one tile instead of two.

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 12:19:53 am »
Sure...redirect the Transport, start a brand new mission with 9 dead soldiers and one live trooper trying to keep 3 Mutons soldiers subdued.  Not gonna happen.