Author Topic: Corner visibility  (Read 527 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Corner visibility
« on: October 27, 2023, 01:21:33 pm »
What's the deal with these guys here? Only one of each pair of agents can see the enemy, though Voxel Vision shows purple slivers visible to both. Granted, the 'invisible' slivers are smaller, and personally I've always found corners working roughly like that, with no guaranteed vision.

If you switch sides at the hole in the wall, now both agents looking in from the outside can see the MiB inside. When I tried with a Sectoid, only the fellow closest to the door (inside) could (the position opposite to the only non-spotter in the current situation).

That is, seeing an enemy round a corner doesn't seem to be particularly reliable/consistent from a player POV.

XCF 3.2 snapshot, OXCE 7.9.16.

The original report that led to this is here.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 01:24:53 pm by Juku121 »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Corner visibility
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 05:01:48 pm »
Game not check every voxel of unit for visibility (if you not want wait minute for each move).
Simply checked voxels are not visible on given screenshots.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 08:03:20 pm »
Is the asymmetry a matter of soldier POV being asymmetric even if their location on the battlefield isn't, enemy voxel makeup or the wall MCDs? All three?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 10:16:20 pm »
I do not check this exactly cases. Simply my comment follow directly from used algorithm that is asymmetric and can have lot of quirks and special cases.