Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
OXCE Suggestions NEW / Re: [Suggestion] Craft size and Hangar capacity
« Last post by Ethereal on Today at 06:04:55 am »
The hangar can be made universal. But the size can't be helped. Yes, you can use small hangars only for small crafts, + a universal large one, which means both functions are needed.

With types, it turns out that transport ships must be divided into at least 4 types - small, large, small space, large space. And if you divide them into underwater/surface, the number of types increases to at least 8.

It seems to me that the ships shown below are slightly different sizes, but of the same type.
The X-Com Files / Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Last post by Juku121 on Today at 01:15:17 am »
How so? Kyberos aren't exactly low-level augments.
« Last post by justaround on June 01, 2024, 11:53:55 pm »
A couple of more bugs, ghost with a knife and misleading research description.
XPiratez / Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Last post by shinr on June 01, 2024, 11:52:27 pm »
1) From my recent experience trying a few trial runs, Fort Defense could use more variety, at the very least the APC could spawn elsewhere other than near the north-eastern corner.

2) Remembering from experience from longer runs in previous versions, I would like for the Access Lift and/or Vaults to be able to house the Hunt Party and/or Expedition in case that "Differently sized Hangars that are able to house several different crafts at once in them, with a Craft dis/allowed list" code gets implemented. Or at least have them host the "Just Walk Outside You Lazy Bums-"Craft"" with very, very, very limited range but high max crew.
« Last post by Meridian on June 01, 2024, 11:26:39 pm »
Type is IMO more generic solution than size.
(You can have hangars with all kinds of different slot types, no problem combining choppers and vans.)

Whereas size solution fails already at the simplest use case of separating submarines from aircraft.
« Last post by Pendra37 on June 01, 2024, 10:49:55 pm »
The craft size is somewhat more generic of a solution. You have a hangar where you can fit a chopper for 6 space and a van for 2. Meanwhile the type solution would make you build a parking lot for the two cars and a hangar for the chopper. You would not allow cars to a hangar even if it is empty.

The size solution would still allow types. Such as make a "parking lot" 4 space and make the smallest flyer 5 size.
« Last post by Ethereal on June 01, 2024, 10:18:43 pm »
What exactly is this inconvenience? You'd still be able to put multiple craft in one hangar, so in theory one hangar could fit an armada of 100 fighter jets, while no hovercars are allowed - if you so desired.

The inconvenience is that you will have to put an additional hangar in place where there could be radars or defensive structures. I understand that no one builds a defense by fighting back with ships, but in my TFTU the situation is different. No ships will help completely secure bases from attacks.
XPiratez / Re: A thread for little questions
« Last post by Poulpiche on June 01, 2024, 10:10:04 pm »
This happens because you have "Alternate craft equipment management" option on. It's one of my favorite features but it requires getting used to it. Especially when you do not have enough spare equipment. If you have troubles just turn it off in advanced options.

thanks a lot for the answer, I'll have a look at the advanced options
« Last post by karnaugh_map on June 01, 2024, 08:04:24 pm »
Any facility can be built over the HQ because canBeBuiltOver is set to true. It can be set to false and then only the Cyber HQ can built over it because it has the required buildOverFacilities property.

Similar situation for the Intel Lab, Sick Bay, and Minigun.
OXCE Suggestions NEW / Re: [Suggestion] spriteFacility for 2x2 facilities.
« Last post by Nord on June 01, 2024, 04:55:40 pm »
Ok, will try to explain. (Sorry for bad english)
Lets suggest that we want to make open-grounded base module. In my example it will be enlarged fusion ball defenses.
Spoiler"facilities.rul":
facilities:
  - type: STR_FUSION_BALL_DEFENSES
    connectorsDisabled: true
    spriteShape: 28
    spriteFacility: 2
  - type: STR_LABORATORY
    connectorsDisabled: true
Here i changed places of spriteShape and spriteFacility.
On the screenshot you can see what i got: lab is drawed over the fusion defense, but hangar is drawn under it. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10