aliens

Author Topic: Font display problem running nightly beta  (Read 2759 times)

Offline nrober

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Font display problem running nightly beta
« on: January 24, 2016, 06:01:09 am »
Hi,

I'm having a problem where all the font is broken when I run nightly open xcom. I've followed the installation instructions where I unzip to desktop and copy the folders from my steam install into the UFO folder. The game runs fine but all of the font is broken, and thus unplayable. I've tried this with two different nightly builds and I'm sure the problem is somewhere on my end. I don't have this problem running the milestone build. Running windows 7 64bit.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've tried various web searches to see if anyone else has had this problem but found nothing. Does anybody know what causes this?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:05:28 am by nrober »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Font display problem running nightly beta
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 03:39:30 pm »
You've probably checked yourself, but what language do you have enabled? Because one possibility is that you have some non-Latin language on or something like that.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 04:04:18 pm »
Yeah it looks like you're using a East-Asian language, we currently don't have fonts for those yet. You can change the language in the Options menu (middle-right button in the menu) or by editing the options.cfg with "language: en-US".

Offline nrober

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 10:58:50 am »
Hi,

You guys were right. I've never had that be a problem for anything before so I didn't think to look at the language. Switching it ENG-US in game fixed it right away.

Thanks heaps!