aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3739678 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99I1 - 26 Dec - Spirit of Christmas
« Reply #5370 on: March 12, 2018, 09:21:58 am »
Drones ignore cqc-checks.
It counts as a 1x1 HWP and can blast your face with 100% precision if you facetank it.
The tamed reaper is a distraction and bullet-sponge at best. The mutated one does the job better and early on I don't like wasting XP to aux-units.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: March 12, 2018, 03:05:58 pm »
If we can loot cyberdisk, why can’t we loot drone?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: March 12, 2018, 04:13:06 pm »
Maybe in later versions.
Unless 'our' version gets a lot more plastasteel and aquaplastic strapped onto it with more HP it would be just a different 'parrot' without inventory. Yes it might can deflect low-damage shots and rolls but it's still fragile and occupies a HWP slot better suited for a soldier or 'tank'.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: March 12, 2018, 11:05:47 pm »
I meant that a musket with 60% at 15 squares seems to hit more often than a hunting rifle that's at 90%.  I haven't done a dedicated study on the accuracy of the guns, but muskets seem to have a higher hit rate than the numbers indicate.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: March 12, 2018, 11:35:37 pm »
Drones ignore cqc-checks.
It counts as a 1x1 HWP
News news news and more News to me.
Im perfectly happy with my reapers btw, I like mutated ones but I havent gotten that yet in this playthrough. Distractions and drawing fire are pretty nifty... very actually when gauss shots and lasers are being thrown around, they might miss, and id rather my beastie come home with 60/180hp than my gals even take a scratch.

re: Muskets
There's nothing in the item stats that would dictate this, they have worse accuracy and range than a hunting rifle. Your experience may be due to luck, or NPCs with high stats.
Ive had a similar experience with the Harpoon Gun delivering very crap accuracy, even when the crosshair says 107% at a given range it tends to try to hit cover or miss, but thats a better trajectory cone than a pistol with the crosshair saying 65% on an aimed shot.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: March 13, 2018, 02:16:51 pm »
Every time my 100+% shot fails to connect, I instantly swap the angle now.
I also stopped to rely on 1v1 situations for my soldiers to get stuff done. 1-2 Backup soldiers with enough TU and tools works just fine.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: March 13, 2018, 02:18:30 pm »
Yep, we're piratez. If you expect a fair fight out of us it is your own fault.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: March 13, 2018, 03:13:30 pm »
Strength in numbers!

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: March 13, 2018, 04:35:29 pm »
Strength in numbers!

Baddies start scattered across the map in nearly all the missions, you can have at least local numerical advantage most of the time.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: March 13, 2018, 05:22:41 pm »
Counts for manpower AND firepower.

Offline sleekie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99I1 - 26 Dec - Spirit of Christmas
« Reply #5380 on: March 13, 2018, 07:47:00 pm »
Couple of questions.

-How do Crystal Skulls work? I found one in a bank robbery and I can't get it to work no matter where I place it in inventory, with melee or ranged, or on any target regardless of Mind resist.

-I'm bottlenecked by a tech item called Secure Freight. Is this an actual object or is it a mislabelled tech topic like Academy Hierarchy that I ought to edit?

-Is the existence of weapons with massive explosive radius that have Snap Fire a joke sent by the Demon Gods to test us? I don't dare wear my new suit of Destructor in case she nukes herself or someone else by accident. My first introduction to Baby Nukes was the entire enemy force wiping themselves out in one shot.

-Am I allowed to have this much fun with an early mammoth chain shotgun unlock?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: March 13, 2018, 07:56:04 pm »
You can always reduce your TUs to zero at the end of the turn.

I think for secure freight you have to shoot down a heavy freighter and loot it.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99I1 - 26 Dec - Spirit of Christmas
« Reply #5382 on: March 13, 2018, 08:20:53 pm »
-I'm bottlenecked by a tech item called Secure Freight. Is this an actual object or is it a mislabelled tech topic like Academy Hierarchy that I ought to edit?

You have to rtesearch item called "heavy freighter flight plan" (or something like that). The guild rep on heavy frighter carries this item... occasionally.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: March 13, 2018, 08:42:02 pm »
Mammoth Shotgun only brings you to a certain level of ownage. The gun can't melt everything and should do very poorly against mercs.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: March 13, 2018, 09:13:45 pm »
Couple of questions.

-How do Crystal Skulls work? I found one in a bank robbery and I can't get it to work no matter where I place it in inventory, with melee or ranged, or on any target regardless of Mind resist.

-Is the existence of weapons with massive explosive radius that have Snap Fire a joke sent by the Demon Gods to test us? I don't dare wear my new suit of Destructor in case she nukes herself or someone else by accident. My first introduction to Baby Nukes was the entire enemy force wiping themselves out in one shot.

-Am I allowed to have this much fun with an early mammoth chain shotgun unlock?

1. IIRC you have to hold it in your hand, but you need to deal damage with something else (read: other weapon). The alt action is similar to mind probe - reading stats.
One thing to note: as you gain TUs, you will also lose HP, so be extremely careful with this item. Nonetheless, it's very powerful.

2. You might've noticed the ships named "heavy freighter" going on the missions named "secure freight". These are your targets. The rep on those sometimes carry flight plans, which are the key to the technology.

3. You can always reduce your TUs to zero with one simple button!
PROTIP: you need to right-click it, it won't work otherwise.

4. Yes. Yes, you do, but the gun falls off hard versus more advanced enemies.