Author Topic: [REQUEST] Customization of Base Defense Facilities in New Battle (+ Other Q's)  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
I don't know if I should be creating different topics for this, but I'm trying not to span the forums, so here it goes:

First off: Customization of Base Defense's facilities placement in New Battle mode? I believe this is an absolute must. Otherwise it's the same awful vanilla starting layout over and over again, and Base Defense missions arguably one of the best ones to play in the entire game. Customization would be a totally refreshing and welcome addition :)

Secondly, is there (or could there be)...

- Any way to reduce psionic skill improvement during psionic training? Getting 20-30+ per month is waaaaay too much. The game becomes a breeze from that point onward. How about making it more like Allow Psi-Strength Improvement which increases an average of less than 5 points a month for psi-strength? I would love this to be manually modifiable via rul.

- Any way to randomize alien stats for each individual race/rank? (Same as how there's a min/max range for new X-Com recruits.) Aliens with set/fixed stat values are too predictable and this would make the game much more... well, random.

- Any way to change grenade TUs for priming/throwing? And how about an un-priming feature?

- Any way to change cost of reloading/unloading weapons?

- Any way to re-prioritize craft's refuel, rearm, repair order?

- Any way to improve Aliens Pick up Weapons mod? It very rarely (if ever) seems to be of any effect.

- This has been brought up before, I'm sure. How about being able to equip soldiers in soldier screen rather than craft>items screen? This would be especially useful in cases where you have bases without a transport craft. All you have the liberty to equip is armor in those cases (until you get into Base Defense—only then can you access soldier's equip screen).I imagine one of the potential issues here would be when equipping soldiers from craft you are equipping items from the craft, whereas if equipping items from soldier screen it'd be directly from the base's storage? Otherwise, what is keeping this feature from being implemented? 

PS: Perhaps I should split this thread later after all?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:49:57 pm by Orz »