Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1617995 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3435 on: April 23, 2024, 12:55:23 pm »
Umm, it says: "A companion submod to Final Mod Pack". I thought it would be clear enough? Is there a need to explain it further?

Not to mention the FMP is listed as a dependency...

Offline 75338

• Sergeant
  • Rogue. D2X HC SP. WoW filmmaker. Epic 40K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: April 23, 2024, 07:00:52 pm »

Offline 75338

• Sergeant
  • Rogue. D2X HC SP. WoW filmmaker. Epic 40K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: April 23, 2024, 07:22:46 pm »
Umm, it says: "A companion submod to Final Mod Pack". I thought it would be clear enough? Is there a need to explain it further?

Not to mention the FMP is listed as a dependency...

In hindsight anyone reasonable knowledgeable about modding and files and computer programs will probably know what a "dependency" is.

I'm not at that level and can barely figure out how to follow the instructions to install OXCE and get it working. (The instructions at https://openxcom.org/downloads-milestones/ and https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Installing_(OpenXcom) did NOT help, and confused the heck out of me.) I just wanted to play the game with XCF or some cool terrain added.

Mad respect to you and the others who built these mods (yes, I contributed on your Patreon), but if you want less tech-savvy general audience people to more easily figure it out, then yep it needs to be spelled out along the lines of "YOU MUST ALSO INSTALL AND ENABLE FMP."

Or maybe I'm stupid.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: April 23, 2024, 08:34:43 pm »
Can I install all three, or just FMPE and one?
You can only install FMP(E), unless you want to become a modder yourself.

I'm pretty sure FMP includes some of these maps, but nowhere near all of them.

...yep it needs to be spelled out along the lines of "YOU MUST ALSO INSTALL AND ENABLE FMP."
Well, mod.io does say
"All dependencies need to be installed for this mod to work.
Final Mod Pack [big button]".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: April 24, 2024, 11:12:50 am »
I'm pretty sure FMP includes some of these maps, but nowhere near all of them.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I’ve already added new maps from XCOM-Terrain-Pack-1.0.2 to my FMP build once (I added a port with a ship from TFTD) and maybe I’ll add some more maps in the future.

Can anyone give a complete list of maps from the CMP and Terrain Pack and tag those that are already added to FMP (so I can easily find them by name and not have to search for new maps or take hundreds of screenshots to compare the FMP and CMP, and I was sure that there was no such card and that if I wanted, I could add it).

I also thought about adding underwater maps, but for this you need to change the globe and hard-code restrictions (everything land cannot go under water, such as: aliens, UFOs, xcom planes, soldiers in land armor, weapons).
Maybe someday another addition to FMP will be released that will add an underwater world, but until then, I myself need to learn how to create a hybrid globe and program the transformation of armor (land-sea) and also introduce a type of damage that instantly destroys everyone in land armor under water.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: April 24, 2024, 11:29:41 am »
Can anyone give a complete list of maps from the CMP and Terrain Pack and tag those that are already added to FMP
I doubt there's anyone with such a list. Combing through the terrain.rul files is probably your best bet.

Maybe someday another addition to FMP will be released that will add an underwater world, but until then, I myself need to learn how to create a hybrid globe...
You don't need a true hybrid globe for that. See XCF or Piratez who fake it through other means.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: April 24, 2024, 01:28:40 pm »
Can anyone give a complete list of maps from the CMP and Terrain Pack and tag those that are already added to FMP (so I can easily find them by name and not have to search for new maps or take hundreds of screenshots to compare the FMP and CMP, and I was sure that there was no such card and that if I wanted, I could add it).
At the request of the author Hobbes, all maps from his mod Terrain Pack were prohibited from use in other mods.  Therefore, they were removed from FMP (as well as from many other mods) and replaced with other similar ones created by other authors.

That is, there are no maps from the Terrain Pack in FMP.  It is not forbidden to add them to your version of the mod for your own use.  But if you try to share such a "hybrid" version of the mod on this forum, problems may arise.  Hobbes' demands are respected here.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: April 24, 2024, 01:50:18 pm »
That doesn't seem to be true anymore. The Terrain Pack on mod.io is distributed with CC BY-NC-SA 4.0, so as long as you follow the crediting, licencing and don't make money, it's fine.

Although given that one of the root causes of the brouhaha was Dioxine's Patreon, and Solarius also has one and is the main maintainer of FMP, it's not clear how 'noncommercial' works between FMP and TP. Edit: And FMP does not even seem to have a licence. So, yeah. /edit
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 01:53:34 pm by Juku121 »

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: April 24, 2024, 02:10:18 pm »
That doesn't seem to be true anymore. The Terrain Pack on mod.io is distributed with CC BY-NC-SA 4.0, so as long as you follow the crediting, licencing and don't make money, it's fine.
Yes, apparently I didn't notice that Hobbes has changed his attitude towards using his cards.  But you need to take into account that _Raven_ has a goal - collecting donations.  At least he wrote about it himself.  Even if this is not a direct sale of content, it was precisely this situation that once led to the ban on the use of these cards.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: April 24, 2024, 02:54:25 pm »
cards
I see your autotranslator thinks we're playing a game here. ;D

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: April 24, 2024, 04:56:35 pm »
I see your autotranslator thinks we're playing a game here. ;D
Yes, in Russian this word “карта” has multiple meanings.  It means both a geographical map and an accessory for the game.  Therefore, the reverse translation sounded quite normal to me.  I always translate phrases back into Russian before sending them.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: April 24, 2024, 05:46:09 pm »
I'm aware, I'm not a total stranger to Russian. Just couldn't resist a (double) joke. :D

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: April 24, 2024, 06:49:40 pm »
I doubt there's anyone with such a list. Combing through the terrain.rul files is probably your best bet.
What a complex world, you practically have to do everything yourself, because there is no advanced artificial intelligence here that would know about all the mods and be able to give a hint to any question, and ordinary people cannot know everything. Okay, I'll see what locations are in CMP and TP, maybe something will interest me.

There are still no incentives to share the mod, even homeless people on the street are given $1 for nothing, but they don’t give me $1, as if I asked for a million.
There are more and more incentives not to share the mod, including trading in other people’s labor (I don’t want to trade in other people’s labor, because I use a lot of labor from many people from many mods), and a ban on using some maps, also due to the fact that they don’t support me, I’m starting to perceive this as a refusal of my work (well, how can you perceive that everyone in the world is poor like me?), I received a lot of anti-incentives on my difficult path to worldwide recognition.

P.S. If I ever live a normal life, then maybe the desire to share will appear, but at the moment I feel as if the whole world is against me.
Yes, this is the word “карты” “cards” and not the “maps”
P.P.S. yergnoor, you got caught, an undercover communist, a Russian spy  ;D
There is another word that does not translate well from Russian into English, the word “mod” “мод” “мода” can be translated as “fashion” for this reason I check 7 times and print 1 time.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: April 24, 2024, 06:59:22 pm »
same in German btw :)

Mode = fashion
Karte = map

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: April 25, 2024, 01:06:50 pm »
These questions may be a little stupid, but I need to make sure that my changes to the mod don't break the game.

1) If I change the date in the "vars.rul" file and start the game not from 1999, but let's say from 2000, this will not break the plot of the game, missions will also start from the first month (which is indicated by the number 0) or something will suddenly happen and Missions scroll forward a year?

2) I don’t yet understand how the game globe works and how to make changes to it (add countries, cities, underwater locations) so as not to break the game, but I still made changes to the countries from FMP v3.3. Tell me, did I do everything correctly or could this cause some kind of critical error during UFO attacks on countries and regions?
(The file "countries_FMP_RAVEN.rul" is attached below)

PS. I don't know what happened last time (the first time I tried to complete my FMP-RAVEN build), but when I tried to make changes to the globe and added new cities and countries from another mod, incredible wild things started happening in the game:
- the bases of the Men in Black appeared everywhere, but they were not visible on the globe;
- the monthly rating constantly went into a big minus (despite the fact that I did not fail a single task);
- after the Sectoids, only one race began to arrive, the Men in Black, but they were Floater's, only they were armed with ordinary firearms (the Floater race appeared at the base of the Men in Black with firearms in their hands instead of plasma weapons);
- in the end it became completely impossible to play.

I don’t want something like this to happen again in my build, no extraneous changes were made to the globe and regions, only to countries. Look and tell me if FMP will work correctly if you change the date a year ahead and replace the countries_FMP.rul file with countries_FMP_RAVEN.rul (this is mainly addressed to Solarius_Scorch, who else but the creator of the mod himself can accurately answer the question about FMP).