Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1119585 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3795 on: July 18, 2023, 11:00:08 am »
@Solarius; I kind of felt like the ghost variety was lacking. If you had the sprites to go with them, would you introduce more ghosts? Are there any particular ghosts you additionally wanted to have in the missions?

Of course, I'm adding new ghosts. Made a new mission recently with three new types (okay, one of them was a special character).

But how is this bug related?

I don't think I have ever before seen a death-respawned unit (or even chryssalid zombie) could (reaction) attack on the turn it is created.

I thought the same thing... with similar results. :)

In Osiron Beach mission, sometimes the dogs cannot attack the goons outside.

Yes, the grass issue is well known. But it's not a bug (technically), and I have no idea how to fix it (except make dogs as tall as people, and this won't happen, or make the grass only look as tall, which also seems wrong).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 09:11:56 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline sudtrap

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: July 18, 2023, 08:42:31 pm »
In Osiron Beach mission, sometimes the dogs cannot attack the goons outside.

Based on FPS look, it seems that the grass is growing too tall and obstructing the attack of the dogs? An obvious bug in terrain definions? (Or if the grass was indeed intended to be so tall as to obstruct the attacks, the sprites should be different.)

I have noticed the same thing before, but I no longer recall if it was this specific mission or something else.

See the attached images and a save, if necessary.
Oh my gosh. I've noticed it randomly on other missions as well, but ESPECIALLY on that one. It makes the missions WAY more dangerous and unpredictable.

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: July 19, 2023, 09:36:15 am »
Yes, the grass issue is well known. But it's not a bug (technically), and I have no idea how to fix it (except make dogs as tall as people, and this won't happen, or make the grass only look as tall, which also seems wrong).
Perhaps a solution to this problem would be to edit the LOFTs of the grass tiles in the ISLANDURBAN2.MCD file?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: July 19, 2023, 10:41:08 am »
That would be 'make the grass only look as tall'. IMO, it's the lesser evil of the two. Unless you dislike them dogs and crats. :P

Offline Nerro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: July 19, 2023, 11:47:25 am »
Is it normal that the Dart Musket cannot be purchased when you get "Monsters: The Aftermath"?
You need bullfrog corpses for that, and once the monsters are gone, the only source for that seems to be "Syndicate Field Test".
The Spikeboar/Quillbow is the same, but it is available to purshased if you get "Monsters: The Aftermath".

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: July 19, 2023, 12:47:12 pm »
Land Surveys, as for any other post-Aftermath cryptid. Although it does seem a little strange that Quillbows and Muckstar Taser Clips are available, but Star Dart Muskets are not.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: July 20, 2023, 10:42:34 am »
Perhaps a solution to this problem would be to edit the LOFTs of the grass tiles in the ISLANDURBAN2.MCD file?

You know, maybe. I will consult with odder modders.

Although it does seem a little strange that Quillbows and Muckstar Taser Clips are available, but Star Dart Muskets are not.

This is actually a bug, they should be buyable. Fixing now. Thanks!

Offline sudtrap

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: July 20, 2023, 11:29:50 am »
Of course, I'm adding new ghosts. Made a new mission recently with three new types (okay, one of them was a special character).

But how is this bug related?

Point taken. I posted about this in wrong thread. My bad. (I posted in the help thread instead)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 11:35:50 am by sudtrap »

Offline tris85

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: July 20, 2023, 01:12:48 pm »
Since version 3.0.0 (and following) the menu shows version 2.0 on start. Not thaaat bad, but ...  ;)

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: July 20, 2023, 11:46:20 pm »
I have finally decided to report this: "Zombie Isolation" mission is a joke!
I did that mission several times -- the result is approximately the same: a single zombie is standing 5 tiles away from my squad spawning spot. All I have to do to reach it is to break a glass wall. All ends in 1 turn. Can't it spawn deeper inside building?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: July 21, 2023, 10:09:14 am »
Since version 3.0.0 (and following) the menu shows version 2.0 on start. Not thaaat bad, but ...  ;)

I checked all translations, and not a single one said 2.0. This must be some other mod's doing.

I have finally decided to report this: "Zombie Isolation" mission is a joke!
I did that mission several times -- the result is approximately the same: a single zombie is standing 5 tiles away from my squad spawning spot. All I have to do to reach it is to break a glass wall. All ends in 1 turn. Can't it spawn deeper inside building?

I'm afraid it's random... But I'll see what can be done about spawn points.

Offline sirmik

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: July 21, 2023, 12:25:21 pm »
something is wrong with muton sprites, they miss the top as it turns around... By the way, attack on the base in the middle of '98? shit!

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: July 21, 2023, 04:58:44 pm »
This is something new! A fake door in X dimension! I hope no one is inside that now inaccessible area.

Offline tris85

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: July 21, 2023, 05:02:06 pm »
I checked all translations, and not a single one said 2.0. This must be some other mod's doing.

Don't have a single mod selected (but yours  ;)), here's a screenshot of the main menu. Maybe caused by German translations?

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: July 22, 2023, 09:35:14 am »
In Black Lotus Party mission, the exit tiles are on the roof, but you start downstairs.

The mission description does warn of a lot of close quarters combat and the mission being indoors, but says nothing about the chance of aborting the mission; the briefing has a regular text on aborting the mission.

I'm not sure if there is any meaningful explanation for this (and I suspect the reason is that defining the exit tiles this way was just easier). The agents land with an osprey in the garden, walk in through the front door, get ambushed, the doors are now locked, and they have to be evacuated though the top floor?

I think it would be fair to warn in the mission description and briefing text that it'll be difficult or practically impossible to abort the mission. Or give some other in-game explanation on how your guys ended up on the ground floor while the escape is through the roof. Or change the exit tiles or start location.