Author Topic: Men In Black alien retaliation crash (Android)  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Taberone

• Captain
    • View Profile
Men In Black alien retaliation crash (Android)
« on: March 01, 2015, 08:42:31 am »
Right after fixing the Scout Drone mod crashing android OpenXCOM, I ran into another problem: Men In Black Battleships on alien retaliation triggering Base Defense and insta-crashing the game.

I have no reliable ways of shooting down Battleships since they one-shot interceptors, meaning I can't avoid the game crashing and progress is halted.

Offline mrxian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Men In Black alien retaliation crash (Android)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 12:24:30 pm »
It's probably still the scout drone, that thing crashes my base defense missions too.
(Despite otherwise working fine and being a nice little tool.)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 03:22:43 pm »
IIRC correctly, the scout drone base defense mission crash comes from having no floor sprites for the smoke pellet ammo.  When the base mission starts, it looks in stores and tries to generate a random amount of items from the stores in the General Stores modules. 

There are two work arounds:
= tell it to use a different set of sprites for the pellets. (say incendiary auto-cannon clips, etc).
= revise the scout drone to be clipless or use infinite ammo. 

This discussion is also in the scout drone thread, as well as a copy of my workaround.  I used the latter method: infinite ammo, but I shortened the range to 3 tiles to replicate a defensive smoke tactic.

Offline Taberone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 06:18:28 pm »
IIRC correctly, the scout drone base defense mission crash comes from having no floor sprites for the smoke pellet ammo.  When the base mission starts, it looks in stores and tries to generate a random amount of items from the stores in the General Stores modules. 

There are two work arounds:
= tell it to use a different set of sprites for the pellets. (say incendiary auto-cannon clips, etc).
= revise the scout drone to be clipless or use infinite ammo. 

This discussion is also in the scout drone thread, as well as a copy of my workaround.  I used the latter method: infinite ammo, but I shortened the range to 3 tiles to replicate a defensive smoke tactic.

Does the workaround use the updated scout drone (No insane Reaction stat)?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:26:05 pm by Taberone »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 12:53:44 am »
Does the workaround use the updated scout drone (No insane Reaction stat)?

I am not sure what you are referring to: "the updated scout drone."   I have a workaround implemented in the UpClose mod pack, but I don't think I messed with the reaction values. 

The workarounds that I described are options to help deal with the problem, i.e. make it clip independent, or give the ammo a graphic.  Either of these options could be done for "the updated scout drone."

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 03:48:18 am »
it does crash for me sometimes says map too high or something like that. sorry this is not for android.