aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3716358 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99I1 - 26 Dec - Spirit of Christmas
« Reply #5340 on: March 07, 2018, 08:23:18 pm »
TL;DR: Even with perfect accuracy you may hit a bush. Try force-firing for a slightly different trajectory and to wipe out obstacles as a bonus. The rest is backxplaining game numbers with real world physics and the necessary caveats.
Sorry thats just the way I am. I try to TL;DR things and it turns into a paragraph of its own, and its unfair to leave out the details which would spur on the necessity of a 2nd response (the beauty of forums and emails is you can just explain it all at once without waiting).

Meanwhile... may I suggest a Bayonet on a pistol of some kind... 1x3 pistol item that can be infiltrated (since the bayonet is separated until they get inside). Another use for all those daggers that pile up, since the trench gun is the only thing worth putting a bayonet on otherwise.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: March 07, 2018, 11:24:27 pm »
But you can't just 'glue' it onto a pistol. High caliber pistols have such violent vibrations that the knife drops off again.
Is there any additional need for a 'dagger that can also fire bullets' if we can have shivs and daggers in our quickdraw slot?
Yes the dagger is one of the few items with a second use (as you named it the trench-gun but this is also the only 'burn'-shotgun to date with 3x auto)

One of the best melee-option bayonets is the plasma-bayonet strapped onto the super-self-charger.
The gun itself is really slow to fire but you can get alot of value out of the bayonet.
Pistols those with enough weight to them have 'gunbutt' to smack face. The mix of daze and lethal stops stun-recovery against most targets it can damage.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: March 08, 2018, 11:21:02 pm »
But you can't just 'glue' it
Just plain facepalm: gluing on a bayonet, which was never implied. I dont see the point of incendiary ammo on combat shotguns since it rarely ever sets targets on fire (I mean whats the point, most targets have decent fire res anyway). Guess it can set lawns on fire, but then again so can a pre-primed incendiary grenade.

Im well aware of pistols being used as clubs, point is to give the capability to even lighter weight pistols. Bayoneted pistol would do more (lethal) damage than a shiv, maybe not base 30 but at least base 20. I would put this on Magnum, Confederate Eagle. I never put knives in my QD slot... thats where grenades go to minimize their TU requirements.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: March 09, 2018, 01:11:35 pm »
The combat shotgun does set the ground on fire. Zombies are vurnable to burn-damage so this shotgun looks like one of those weapons you can bring to a zombie-slugfest.
If you don't have any better options, like O.G.R.E. shotgun or mammoth-chain shotgun, I do give this gun a try and those guns work good if you ever have them in the first place.
In my current run I found a combat shotgun so late in the campaign that I already had the tech for 'better' and more damaging shotguns and various other tools to screw zombies over.
(e.g. HWPs - beefy and nearly-immune to Strix-zombie spit-attacks)

niculinux

« Reply #5344 on: March 09, 2018, 08:13:29 pm »
hey, pleas for  the net relase may all medical equipment, frim bandages and one, used by the handler on himself? t least the bandage and the firt aid kits? it's qite strange these caan'tactually it would be lso a relief for most inexpeienced plyers like me, any chances?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: March 09, 2018, 08:56:21 pm »
If you're severe hurt (= bleeding) it requires alot of willpower to fix yourself up and shouldn't work too well since the trauma and shock reduces your overall strength to a point that you're 'frozen' in shock. If the bandages can be used on oneself, they should cost at least 25TU and heal 0-1 HP.

Healing Gel can be used on yourself just like the destilled rum but those are more advanced items while bandages are your very early and only item to fix your wounds.
The mod is meant for challenges, beginners WILL struggle on the first playthroughs even on beginner difficulty.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: March 09, 2018, 09:03:18 pm »
If you don't have any better options, like O.G.R.E. shotgun or mammoth-chain shotgun, I do give this gun a try and those guns work good if you ever have them in the first place.
Shiny/Niner with EP rounds. Its 4 pellets per hit and its electric damage which they take 1.7x from. And its a pistol. Some guns like OGRE, Flak Cannon, Boom are okay for taking out zombie troopers.

hey, pleas for  the net relase may all medical equipment
Not sure I agree with it but I do think that:
1) All items that cure stun or energy damage should inherently cure the other too. If it cures stun it must cure energy, if it cures energy it must cure stun.
2) Most health items should replenish themselves (not disappear from inventory, consumable = false)

niculinux

« Reply #5347 on: March 09, 2018, 09:03:23 pm »
Yes i know, but at lesat for bandages and first aid kits..though i don't think because - on second thought - it was not so until now... :)

niculinux

« Reply #5348 on: March 09, 2018, 09:05:53 pm »
2) Most health items should replenish themselves (not disappear from inventory, consumable = false)

I really wish so! Out of curiosity: to set
Code: [Select]
consumable = false where do we have to look, in piratez.rul or elsewhere?

edit: in 0.99I1 i did not know tat ratmen on theis mutat prgom may habìve some sort of ww2 vehicle...on the diff evel 3 (!!!) i suppose there were 2 of them, i just managed to take out only 1 with blck powder bombs and assault cannon luckily loaded with expl cannonballs i was  wise researcing these first!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:13:50 am by niculinux »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: March 10, 2018, 01:21:39 am »
Technically it's a Bandit pogrom, not a Ratling one.  Bandages should not be recoverable, unless you have to use manufacturing to clean and disinfect used ones.  The other medical resources would make sense to be restockable.  Is there a way to have the game keep track of how much of each barrel of grog has been consumed and a way to manually have it be refilled?  I liked the barrels being recovered, at least.

niculinux

« Reply #5350 on: March 10, 2018, 01:53:37 am »
Technically it's a Bandit pogrom, not a Ratling one.  Bandages should not be recoverable, unless you have to use manufacturing to clean and disinfect used ones.  The other medical resources would make sense to be restockable.  Is there a way to have the game keep track of how much of each barrel of grog has been consumed and a way to manually have it be refilled?  I liked the barrels being recovered, at least.

Actually good point least only xgrog barrels shold be refilled up? A couple of considerations:

In the "scientific experiments" missions - starting from diff level 3- there are spawned also thise basty drines armed with lasers; may these be removed in such missions? I'd personally see these in crackdiwn and/or pogrom academy missions; and in the guild' s warehouse ones.

In 0.99.I1 there are 9 types of missions spawning, plus the usual progoms, may i suggest a very few more, typical bandit ones so no need to research or interactions with factions?

Some intetesting ideas, i hope:

- Convoy ambush,
- Cruise ship assault,
- Factory raid
- Hotel pillage
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:24:49 am by niculinux »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: March 10, 2018, 02:00:29 am »
For more variety in missions, you can research "bounty hunting".
It's a crucial implementation and offers alot of missions and a token-system to earn prices and technologies.

Also underwater and space missions.
And all those shippings you can try to attack. Just use the tools the game offers.

niculinux

« Reply #5352 on: March 10, 2018, 02:07:44 am »
For more variety in missions, you can research "bounty hunting".
It's a crucial implementation and offers alot of missions and a token-system to earn prices and technologies.

Also underwater and space missions.
And all those shippings you can try to attack. Just use the tools the game offers.

Thanks i was aware, i was only suggesting some more without research needed (like the warehouse wars ones); at least i hope bank robbery may become an early one ☺

Edit: in the last relases im not able anymore to ground assault civilian ships, maybe of the changes? Undersea and sapces missions i never "reached" them, since these are advanced ones, plus the mod is too difficult for me i doubt will ever play these  :'(

Edit: as for medical another idea: vodka may have three shots like atom beer and first aid kits may have their durability shortened from 10 to 5 but also painkiller and stimulant added with 5 shots, only grog barrels shold earn the refilable status but are heavy and hence not easily handled in battle..to keep things difficult! ☺

Sorry again for the load of typos!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:29:53 am by niculinux »

Offline the Ring Dang Doo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: March 10, 2018, 03:40:42 am »
How is the arcane ray on the Sapphire Jellyfish supposed to work?  My gal in the top compartment picks it up, I fire with it just like a Blaster Launcher in X-COM, and as far as I can tell the ray hits the side of her compartment.  It won't go through the sides or the roof --- though it's hard to tell, because the screen tends to look elsewhere when I fire.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: March 10, 2018, 04:06:00 am »
The windows up there have a defensive shutters that work like UFO doors; you have to open them before you fire.