aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3715705 times)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G - 9 May - Close Combat Carnage
« Reply #4605 on: May 22, 2017, 09:59:16 pm »
So this might be the deviant in me talking, but it seems odd that the bootypedia article on humans has them wearing the same stuff as in the original game, or anything at all really.  I seriously doubt that the Uber gals would show them that much respect.  Though I guess if we did their standard outfits separate from the information on them in general, we'd need yet another page in the bootypedia.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: May 22, 2017, 10:02:13 pm »
As long as I can make slaves and farmhouses out of them they can keep thier stuff before carrying my shit around and make money form thin air.

Offline The Think Tank

• Captain
  • "If we can't see them, they can't see us!" - Rook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: May 22, 2017, 10:36:38 pm »
The crucial stuff is tailored into the current bounty missions. I don't need further cases of "Implosion Bomb launcher parts" to advance the techtree.
By that I meant that some weapons would be accessible via Trophy prizes, think light plasma weapons/Gauss or other rare specialties late in the game.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: May 22, 2017, 10:43:05 pm »
Good thing the early and midgame gets so much attention.
Cydonia is just... an extreme overkill like a fanmade super mario level.
I've seen the last two levels for the very first time tho and lost a bunch of crackmarines to win the game.

I recommend to stick with earth unless you love to fight mercs during a night mission with no access to spot-armor (space worthy suits got no spot, no camo and 20 NV only)
If you love this, you will adore the final map even more, open the curtains to 10 sectopods and 50 Star Gods on the enemy-hideout mission map.

What a massacre  ;D

By that I meant that some weapons would be accessible via Trophy prizes, think light plasma weapons/Gauss or other rare specialties late in the game.

Interogating enemy leaders is not a "trophy prize"? Stupid brainers need something to do at 23:59 each day.

Offline The Think Tank

• Captain
  • "If we can't see them, they can't see us!" - Rook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: May 23, 2017, 12:57:03 am »
Interogating enemy leaders is not a "trophy prize"? Stupid brainers need something to do at 23:59 each day.
You can research a leader once, but you can produce a weapon throughout the game, giving you something tangible and worthwhile to work for once you have researched essentially all topics available.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: May 23, 2017, 05:35:17 pm »
You can research a leader once, but you can produce a weapon throughout the game, giving you something tangible and worthwhile to work for once you have researched essentially all topics available.

The techtree got 1-2 crucial topics that many users already complained about. Having this one re-researchable topic is just a thing to let your brainers do something but you virtually make no progress towards important techs.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: May 23, 2017, 11:10:35 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUWC09xhkR0

Check out how much mercenary encounters are fucked up. (the first mission of the video)
Given the odds of high piercing resistance and 2 wide open ramps to get shot at this setup boned him quite hard.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: May 24, 2017, 03:30:09 am »
The only things that can reliably kill me at this point in the game are the first turn of a merc mission and friendly fire - I don't have a problem with this.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: May 24, 2017, 03:48:20 am »
Poet, when did you ever have a problem with something killing your gals besides celatids? You may be the most nonchalant player I've ever seen about losing hands besides purposeful use of rookies as fodder.

I'm sure it warms Dioxine's heart to know that the Mercs never lose their power fully vs the player, and I'm glad that it's meant to be difficult beyond just pumping up the number of enemies or their stats.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: May 24, 2017, 05:08:46 am »
Merc not losing there bite is fine. However, i do feel they could still do that on a slightly more level field when it comes to vision. The player is never allowed the combination of durability(armor,hp,resist), vision(NV,thermal) and camo. The player can never match them for camo and NV, but can match them for thermal, and durability with end game tech.

The only reason i'm really enjoying any consistent success against them is by abusing the AI. They are top tier in every meaningful stat all at once. I would prefer if they had some meaningful weakness like other factions. Even stargods have there relative frailty in counterpoint to invisibility and phenomenal offense. Raiders are durable but weakly armed. Church has nasty terror/elite units and better weapons but frail.         

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: May 24, 2017, 05:26:13 am »
Poet, when did you ever have a problem with something killing your gals besides celatids? You may be the most nonchalant player I've ever seen about losing hands besides purposeful use of rookies as fodder.

I'm sure it warms Dioxine's heart to know that the Mercs never lose their power fully vs the player, and I'm glad that it's meant to be difficult beyond just pumping up the number of enemies or their stats.
Effing Celatids

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: May 24, 2017, 10:29:25 am »
Someone could care less with the magic of 'cloning'.

Since it's a stream-playthrough with volunteer-personnel the increasing numbers behind the soldier-names shows alot of hands been quite unlucky doing thier job in liberating earth.
Everytime a hand dies, it get's cloned (or not, depends) with stat penalty and sicktime. It could be called cheating in terms of he doesn't have to train up an actual swabbie but it's just for entertainment. And it's a game that is supposed to be fun besides been nintendo-hard.

Just screw those mercs and all the benefits they got pumped into durability/camo/thermal-v/weapons.
At least nerf the merc.-captain in terms of his camo or remove his spot-ability. The mere existence of a superior camo'ed soldier that can spot your infiltrator before your own infiltrator can pinpoint targets makes this strategy completely bad and the ammount of 'good and reliable' strategies to beat mercs is shrinked down to indirect fire and melee.
And those 2 options work against everything, so mercs need a serious update to make them a healthy experience and not a suicide mission that costs more hands and tanks than those synth-suits are worth. And with the introduction of pigmen you can just ignore merc's at all (after all research topics are done that need those wanna-be-mutons)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: May 24, 2017, 11:55:02 am »
Someone could care less with the magic of 'cloning'.

Since it's a stream-playthrough with volunteer-personnel the increasing numbers behind the soldier-names shows alot of hands been quite unlucky doing thier job in liberating earth.
Everytime a hand dies, it get's cloned (or not, depends) with stat penalty and sicktime. It could be called cheating in terms of he doesn't have to train up an actual swabbie but it's just for entertainment. And it's a game that is supposed to be fun besides been nintendo-hard.

Just screw those mercs and all the benefits they got pumped into durability/camo/thermal-v/weapons.
At least nerf the merc.-captain in terms of his camo or remove his spot-ability. The mere existence of a superior camo'ed soldier that can spot your infiltrator before your own infiltrator can pinpoint targets makes this strategy completely bad and the ammount of 'good and reliable' strategies to beat mercs is shrinked down to indirect fire and melee.
And those 2 options work against everything, so mercs need a serious update to make them a healthy experience and not a suicide mission that costs more hands and tanks than those synth-suits are worth. And with the introduction of pigmen you can just ignore merc's at all (after all research topics are done that need those wanna-be-mutons)

I like the mercs, because it is a challenge to fight them everytime. One important point in piratez seems to me, to chose one's battles carefully. Actually, there is no problem to stop engaging mercs once you have all the techs you want from them.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4618 on: May 24, 2017, 03:20:56 pm »
Mercs have superior stats, the player has the brain.
Also their weak point, traditionally, is psi.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: May 24, 2017, 04:03:23 pm »
Mercs have superior stats, the player has the brain.
Also their weak point, traditionally, is psi.

In that case you have to teach us how to use voodoo-based tools correctly to outsmart camo'ed snipers with one-shot-squishies guns.
Everything with LOS (seduction) is very dangerous to use, faries are rare and voodoo-rod is locked into codexes.

Don't treat it like bitching around but merc's ain't fun at any stage in the game. They're way to strong in too many aspects and the stated 'weakness' is so unreliable that stuff like nukes and mortar-fire looks so much more solid on paper compared to "It might MC him or just drains all your stamina/moral and let's you panic".
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:08:59 pm by Ethereal_Medic »