Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3715491 times)

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G - 9 May - Close Combat Carnage
« Reply #4575 on: May 19, 2017, 04:57:38 pm »
I'm more than willing to give you my honest feedback.
The core game is completely fine and it's a wonderful experience each time I start from scratch. Just the corner cases and specific techtree features that can make your blood boil.

How do make Destructor work? Do you carry mutant meat with you to nullify the HP burn for each use?
Guess you got realy lucky with cacodemon spawns, I rolled 4x Hell's Keep for my Imp. Probes so I got none. Is it realy worth spending your gems for a destructor in comparision to a Bio-Suit?
Have you tried using Destructor? It doesn't mention it in the description, but it actually has some seriously powerful built-in health regen (as long as you have high enough voodoo power).

Destructor gals are fast, flying, and can regen quickly from severe wounds... and they can one-shot-kill anything in the game. It's a pretty good outfit. Just try not to kill your own team with reaction-fire...

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: May 19, 2017, 05:06:35 pm »
built-in health regen (as long as you have high enough voodoo power)

Okay, that doesn't look like that is intended to work like that. So this outfit has only the drawback of medium armor values and a locked handslot?
Is the regen designed to work or is that a lookover and forgotten to be removed?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:36:04 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: May 19, 2017, 05:43:14 pm »
The regen works just fine, but you need very good voodoo power, I'd recommend only for 50+.  The medium armor values are boosted by the really nice resistances, and it has lots of speed + melee power to make one-handed melee weapons dangerous.

Edit:  The spot and NV are pretty useful too.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: May 19, 2017, 05:47:20 pm »
The regen works just fine, but you need very good voodoo power, I'd recommend only for 50+.  The medium armor values are boosted by the really nice resistances, and it has lots of speed + melee power to make one-handed melee weapons dangerous.

Odd, whelp that's mindblowing. This should be mentioned somehow and somewhere. The missing text made me thing that hooked-up weapon is meant to be used in a pinch and not just shot every time you have the TU and stamina. Thx mate

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: May 19, 2017, 05:52:42 pm »
Meant to be inferred from the first sentence, and found out by experiment (quick battle helps!).

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: May 19, 2017, 05:57:41 pm »
That flavor-text is a bit too cryptic to make someone guess that.
Regardless I'm not sure which codex to pick for the next run. Gold or Grey...

Maybe a quick overlook of techtree and drill-rewards might be stated somewhere as own entry in the in-game bootypedia.
Since the codex choice hits a player's decision until the very end of the techtree this has to be adressed and explained.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: May 19, 2017, 06:10:43 pm »
The destructor regen is: voodoo power-48, and always has been. The point is to restrict it to high voodoo power gals only.

Defense wise it's actually pretty strong with 30% resistance vs most damage with 50 all round armor. Anything that rolls 70 or less damage will fail to penetrate. You even have better then even odds of surviving a cyberdisk shot. It won't survive high rolls from heavy gauss and plasma but then again not much can. Also can do several alternate environments, notably mansion.

Still hella expensive though, your never gonna field very many. 50 essence takes awhile to gather.   

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: May 19, 2017, 06:13:17 pm »
So 12-13HP at best.
That's close to a maxed out HP pool of a biosuit, not bad.

It's just missing in the description and that is a very important feature to inform.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: May 19, 2017, 06:23:59 pm »
Really depends on how you're getting the essence, and whether or not you're willing to undergo ritual sacrifice.  If you're careful with stuns on dark ones probes, one roll of the mission (always two probes, one follows another) should get you a copy of the armor.  If you habitually capture altar boys to turn into yeoman, you get them even faster.  I usually field 2-3 of these armors.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: May 19, 2017, 06:35:17 pm »
Really depends on how you're getting the essence, and whether or not you're willing to undergo ritual sacrifice.

The decision is to either use the topaz for a bio-suit or a destructor.
Emeralds and Rubies can be gained over different ways but a topaz only hides in treasure chests (if you get one from the sea/mansions)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: May 19, 2017, 06:39:45 pm »
Even with sacrifices and yeoman, i dont think i ever fielded more then 6 before a campaign ended. So not exactly abundant but sufficient for the role(heavy weapon gal)

Additionally Dark ones are significantly affected by difficulty setting so red tech is effectively pointless below difficulty 3 as cacodeamons and barons won't spawn and the number of foes is lower. No other codex tech gets affected by spawns like that.     

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: May 19, 2017, 06:40:41 pm »
But seriously, you can't buy players into going red only for this one particular melee weapon that needs a fast and max'ed out fighter to handle the TU-costs and low-ish acc.

If you are careful, you can make it out of the early game with very few loses or even none at all and considering as of the latest update, stading right in from of gun-toting baddies is a good survival strategy, this results in plenty of nearly maxed out fighters in your crew when you can finally  manufacture the things.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: May 19, 2017, 06:43:20 pm »
Green and RNG for reticulan elders (bunker mission).

If you are careful, you can make it out of the early game with very few loses or even none at all and considering as of the latest update, stading right in from of gun-toting baddies is a good survival strategy, this results in plenty of nearly maxed out fighters in your crew when you can finally  manufacture the things.

Jack Sparrow difficulty only and reloads are only allowed if the game cheats me. So my sickbay is stacked most of the time until I got armor to just tank the bullets.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: May 19, 2017, 09:43:36 pm »
Jack Sparrow difficulty only and reloads are only allowed if the game cheats me.

When exacly?  ;D

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: May 19, 2017, 10:02:43 pm »
Everytime rockets hit my own troops because the projectile got stopped by a grass-stalk.
Shotguns with shit aim oneshot a teammate at 20+ tiles.
And some other stuff like getting hurt hard but get only 1 fatal wound.