aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3716170 times)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97C - 15 Jan - Privatizing World Peace
« Reply #1875 on: January 21, 2016, 02:59:57 pm »
Supply mission difficulty is very dependant to factions as most missions do.

Mercs are going to be most likely flying behind a tree or stare at your craft to decimate one of your gals with 100%+ reaction shots if you arent carefull.They also might have a engineer with a heavy laser to take down your power armor,which is rare as they usualy have the more potent heavy gauss and the fact that even a rifle can punch throught a power armor with relateve easy.

traders are the easiest as you can kill them before they fire their gauss or their nuke launcher.Apart from tanks and reactionary heavy gauss you will be fine.

academy is infuriating as you will be barraged by 2-3 psi every turn,their lasers and plasma will kill both armored and light armored gals.On the bright side you can cause alot of friendly fire between them with their cyberdisks.

church is a mix of everything expect from HWP.They resist energy which can easily be bypassed with proper tactics.They have a few psychics but they dont appear on craft that often.Chrysalids and celatids can be a pain but they arent as tough as tanks.

Spartans are glass cannons with plasma or lasers.

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: January 21, 2016, 05:13:01 pm »
That is true, I grabbed one landed large near the place where the base spawned and it was intense. Their plasma guns could one-shot my gals, my hammers, maces and grenades could one-shot their guys. It reminded me of Terror from the Deep.

Though nothing beats those mercenary gunships. The most hardcore enemies I have faced yet. I would never even attempt to fight them on ironman. The star gods themselves are even more hardcore?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1877 on: January 21, 2016, 05:19:46 pm »
Up for you to decide, they're a very different enemy to fight.

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: January 21, 2016, 05:48:56 pm »
Is there any reliable way to deal with mercs on low tech? The only thing that really works for me is to throw smoke everywhere, scout with dogs/swabbies and kill every enemy with panzerfausts/high explosives/captured gauss weapons. Charging with melee weapons is really unreliable due to the reaction fire and their high dodge. And I still have to reload an occasional bad turn, when they decide to charge through smoke right at me.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1879 on: January 21, 2016, 05:56:55 pm »
Is there any reliable way to deal with mercs on low tech? The only thing that really works for me is to throw smoke everywhere, scout with dogs/swabbies and kill every enemy with panzerfausts/high explosives/captured gauss weapons. Charging with melee weapons is really unreliable due to the reaction fire and their high dodge. And I still have to reload an occasional bad turn, when they decide to charge through smoke right at me.

You are using the best tactic already if you unlocked nothing. You may try dragging a corpse to your craft and abort to get your answers from the brainers.

Spoiler:
Stock up on laser weapons looted from the trade guild, conserve their ammo.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:00:21 pm by Boltgun »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1880 on: January 21, 2016, 06:22:36 pm »
Is there any reliable way to deal with mercs on low tech?

I hope not.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: January 21, 2016, 06:54:20 pm »
Bare in mind that laser is only good as they dont resist it,so you can also use your plasma against them

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: January 21, 2016, 08:11:11 pm »
Bare in mind that laser is only good as they dont resist it,so you can also use your plasma against them
Is there any reliable way to deal with mercs on low tech?
plasma
on low tech

Offline Gunner-chan

• Sergeant
  • Kero kero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: January 21, 2016, 09:14:10 pm »
Well if you've run into a few reticulans you might have their plasma gun researched. It's not the best choice but it worked decently well for me the first time I ran into the mercs.

Also a silly question, the red desert terrain is supposed to do stun damage sometimes right? It's an interesting effect and for some reason I can't help but wonder what it actually is lorewise. ... Well it could just be extreme weather but I don't see it happening in the normal deserts.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:53:00 pm by Gunner-chan »

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 21, 2016, 11:12:15 pm »
I got the red weather once. I was really scared, until I realized, that is does only stun damage  :)

Offline Gunner-chan

• Sergeant
  • Kero kero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: January 21, 2016, 11:37:51 pm »
Yeah, it's just weird. It's actually helped me out once or twice.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: January 22, 2016, 01:58:47 am »
I just had a mutant pogrom with the ratmen faction. Halfway in i noticed a certain lack of...mutants. I didn't see any at all, and there was indeed no mention of any civilian mutants on the score screen. Is this a bug?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1887 on: January 22, 2016, 02:01:35 am »
Sometimes pogroms are actually spawned special missions.  I believe that is the case that you encountered.  The game still calls it a Pogrom, but its deployments may have no civs.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 22, 2016, 08:36:13 am »
I am beginning to hate certain factions - Raiders, Mercs and Exalt in Church. I have avoided taking down any Star Gods crafts and I am yet to encounter the DOOM faction.

Offline Gunner-chan

• Sergeant
  • Kero kero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: January 22, 2016, 09:46:22 am »
I've only seen the DOOM monsters in missions those probes lead to. Do they actually fly ships or do any missions besides those?