Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3715626 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.96 - 20 Nov - News of the World
« Reply #1455 on: November 24, 2015, 10:29:52 am »
Actually not experience involved..I just figured out in the year 2601 a power armor may be simply to tough to even damage... :'( Just my ideas ^-?

That would make the game pretty short. ;)

Actually, it depends a lot on the powered armour's quality. Really good power armours indeed would have little to no weak points and they'd require special means to deal with, like adhesive explosive charges to detonate on their backs or whatever. But nothing explicitly says that Piratez power armours are that good; actually, they seem to be more of the crappy sort. :)

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1456 on: November 24, 2015, 11:06:06 am »
I can definitely see a gal cleave a power armor helmet with an axe. And I can see her hit a joint with a sword to chop an arm.

Imo let's add more emphasis to melee skill with swords, with less base power, and armor reduction to blunts. The former will be important to take out cyclops and the later will work better against power armors. Axes would keep the same stats, using pure strength but without the armor modifier.

Currently there is too little difference between the three kinds and I simply gave tech blades to everyone.

Semi related : In DF, swords have low contact area, causing them to either be stopped by armor completely, pass through unchecked or to bend the armor causing a conversion to blunt damage. Blunt are more effective against armor because they are less often blocked.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:44:04 am by Boltgun »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 24, 2015, 03:56:18 pm »
No worries. Power armor is indeed hard to damage!

But it would make sense for maces to be better at it than swords as you can still smash someone around and it'll hurt (except maybe for beastmasters..), whereas if you can't cut through the armor, the sword won't do much ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 24, 2015, 07:51:49 pm »
No worries. Power armor is indeed hard to damage!

But it would make sense for maces to be better at it than swords as you can still smash someone around and it'll hurt (except maybe for beastmasters..), whereas if you can't cut through the armor, the sword won't do much ;)

An sword made for ubers weighs a couple kilos, so I doubt it's painless. :) Classical swords are actually semi-blunt weapons due to their weight and rigidity. Of course it doesn't apply to daggers, katanas, rapiers and the like.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 25, 2015, 02:18:31 pm »
I have discovered a CTD that occurs every time i shoot incendiary ammo with the SMG (the one looking like an uzi). I don't know if it applies to multiple guns that use incendiary ammo, or just the SMG, or that it is in fact the SMG itself and not the ammo that causes the crash, but it happens every time in 0.96

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 25, 2015, 05:34:33 pm »
I have discovered a CTD that occurs every time i shoot incendiary ammo with the SMG (the one looking like an uzi). I don't know if it applies to multiple guns that use incendiary ammo, or just the SMG, or that it is in fact the SMG itself and not the ammo that causes the crash, but it happens every time in 0.96

Would you have a save?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1461 on: November 25, 2015, 06:15:47 pm »
No need, already fixed.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1462 on: November 25, 2015, 07:10:51 pm »

Quick question: how did you manage the color effect on the background images (Back_04.gif, Back_05.gif, Back_06.gif, etc) ?

Trying to replicate it and it's not looking the same at all.

Ok, does anyone know how? I've been trying layer after layer and I can't seem to get the color just right.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1463 on: November 25, 2015, 07:23:03 pm »
Extract the palette? Here's the one I was using, I think:

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 25, 2015, 11:05:25 pm »
Finally got a piece of research - death and glory. Now off to find traders to get the last access code.

niculinux

« Reply #1465 on: November 25, 2015, 11:51:30 pm »
Good stuff! We'll catch with 0.97 version, hopefully to be relased by end jaunary/beginning of february 2016, just guessing...:)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1466 on: November 26, 2015, 01:18:03 am »
Extract the palette? Here's the one I was using, I think:

I couldn't figure out how to do this with GIMP and this helped a ton. Thanks Dioxine!

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 27, 2015, 12:34:30 am »
Finally completed the game. There seems to be something wrong on the final level. Weapons fire really slowly. It can take 20 secs for auto shots. Meanwhile on the first Cydonia level, all is well. Kindly look into it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1468 on: November 27, 2015, 01:17:11 am »
Well, there's nothing I can do - it's unmodified, after all... And I don't write the code for the game...

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 27, 2015, 04:23:44 am »
It isn't modified at all? I could see it slowing down a computer if it were made bigger or had more enemies, but if nothing is changed.. odd. I'll see when I get there.. in.. 3 years :P