Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3700728 times)

Offline Goldendemon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis
« Reply #9045 on: April 29, 2024, 01:26:38 pm »
So, i captured the doctor X in a rather obscure way (graveityball mission) because I expected a super complicated mission to capture her, but what is done is done. What do I do with her now? There are 5 options, and I have no idea what to choose.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #9046 on: April 29, 2024, 02:37:59 pm »
Welcome, another victim of Xpiratez author's trolling! The short answer is "Governor is in the another castle". Exit tiles are at the beginning of "maze". For longer answer you can read this:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=5345.msg158977#msg158977

I only take partial responsibility. I authorized New Cydonia and nerfed its difficulty a bit, but it was created as a mod by a Russian group.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: April 29, 2024, 08:05:42 pm »

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
  • AC-Incendiary! Let autocannon burn again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: April 29, 2024, 08:40:12 pm »
I knew! I knew it will come soon! Yaay!

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: April 29, 2024, 09:05:47 pm »
So, i captured the doctor X in a rather obscure way (graveityball mission) because I expected a super complicated mission to capture her, but what is done is done. What do I do with her now? There are 5 options, and I have no idea what to choose.
Short answer: do whatever you want, none of the choices is very essential for playing and winning the game.
Medium sized answer: Trick her and make her as Knight. Looks like this path currently is the most developed one.
Long answer: Read this https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_GDX_011

I only take partial responsibility. I authorized New Cydonia and nerfed its difficulty a bit, but it was created as a mod by a Russian group.
90% of frustration comes from misleading briefing text.

... but I did add something about reinforcements.
Thanks for that extremely vague text: "Merc reinforcements are in hot pursuit after the main group". Better than nothing, I guess.
But what about other issues? Number one problem is the title: "Mars: The Final Assault" , that was taken directly from the base game, where this really was The Final.
Next, "and now he is locked up in his bunker like a spider in a jar!". Such confidence! As if you already can see this bunker.
"Nevermind, Cap'n! Victory or death!" -- another false clue, that this is THE FINAL.

I very, very strongly recommend you to add "serach for exit tiles" into the briefing text. This stage is hard enough even without additional tricking of the player.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 09:21:31 pm by Vakrug »

Offline Goldendemon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: May 01, 2024, 08:50:14 am »
Thank you very mych for the good answer)