aliens

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Brutal AI / Re: "Realistic accuracy and cover system" option
« Last post by jnarical on Today at 10:28:57 am »
Added some fixes, including important one. Changes involve "missing shots" mostly, improving how they work.

1. When targeting a unit with autoshot, and that unit is killed before all the projectiles are launched - remaining projectiles no more target the floor, they still aim to that target voxel which was part of that unit's body.

That's normal targeting behaviour for OG and always was that way, and I considered it a bug in RA. Now  it's gone, and heavy multiple projectile autofire weapons, like chainguns - work correctly. That was a small code change, but it'a big deal, really.
2. Now when shooting empty tile, roll-based hit/miss mechanics considers "virtual" medium-sized unit as target for calculating missing shots. So, if your accuracy roll gets a miss - shot will fly outside that "invisible" unit (but it surely could fly through the target tile at the same time)

3. Since the OG, when targeting empty tile, target voxel is fixed depending on tile type - 2 types of walls, floor, ceiling, object, or void. For example, for "void" tiles target is (8,8,12) inside that tile, its center. For RA, when targeting such tiles and rolling a hit - projectile now gets light deviation around that point. And when rolling a miss - yes, it'll fly outside invisible unit))

I've tested that code a little, in classic, XCF and 40k. All seems fine.

My next goal will be adding two things simultaniously:

1) "weightened" effect of target's exposure.

Possible options would be: 0% (off), 30% (light), 50% (medium), 70% (high), 100% (full)
In current version, it's 100%/full.

For example, you got 100% accuracy shot to 30% exposed target.
With different settings, final accuracy will be:

0%/off: 100%
30%/light: 70% + 30%*0.3 = 79%
50%/medium: 50% + 50%*0.3 = 65%
70%/high: 30% + 70%*0.3 = 51%
100%/full: 100% * 0.3 = 30% (current RA version)

2) "Sniper accuracy mechanics" - portion of accuracy, exceeding 100% initially, added after calculating exposure effect. And that could be weighted based on shot type, if needed. Time will tell.

For example, you get very high accuracy shot to a highly covered target. Initial accuracy 180%, target exposure is 5% (basically, some sectoid looking from a small window, with only its head exposed). Even with 100% exposure weight from the previous option, you get 180*0.05 (9%) + 180-100 (80%) = 89% chance to hit, where 80% part is for "sniping".
XPiratez / Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis
« Last post by shinr on Today at 08:44:59 am »
what's Brutal OXCE ?

I assume it is Brutal AI.
XPiratez / Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis
« Last post by RSSwizard on Today at 04:57:26 am »
what's Brutal OXCE ?
anyway its not the throwing mechanics that would mess it up
the damage would need to be lowered - but not for the target in the square its on
XPZ Strategy/Tactics / Re: The best place to shoot down enemies
« Last post by Delian on Today at 04:46:20 am »
Necroplane or Thunderbolt are common in the early game and shooting them down will always yield those parts. The Megascorpion Hunt and Shipwrecked Gal mission sites also have a good chance to get them. Otherwise, Sea Ice terrain has the highest chance (1 in 6).
XPZ Strategy/Tactics / Re: The best place to shoot down enemies
« Last post by gunderson on Today at 03:22:26 am »
Super interesting info, which dovetails into something I've been wondering about quite a bit lately: aside from starting as Iron Tribe, are there any more-or-less guaranteed sources of necroplane parts?  I incorrectly assumed that shooting down low-level planes would have necroplane parts, and now I'm wondering if they're like staplers rather than a chance box for 14mm stuff in that they're just fairly rare drops that gate the airgame tree.  I know that some maps can randomly spawn with necroplane parts, but it's mid-may in my game and I've yet to see a single one.
XPiratez / Re: Everyday is Caturday Challenge Run
« Last post by Kamivax on May 19, 2024, 04:15:51 pm »
Kaminyan's Log
I normally wouldn't make a log, however certain...events and acquisitions have made me feel like writing one is necessary. Those...things we found at the bottom of the sea and in those magic boxes...I think the brainers and the Capnyan called them "arcane strongboxes", I don't understand why they use such fancy language. Those things have...voices...I can't think of any other way to describe the feeling. I asked Capnyan and anyone with Voodoo aptitude...even Squirrelwizard if they could feel it, they just looked at me like I was mad. Maybe this is less of a log and more just me writing my ramblings down, but I'm certain there's POWER in those things, those 'simulacrum parts'...great power. Power we could use to protect the newer members, power to finally make the Star Gods pause before striking us... at first we just found a torso with a head attached, but no limbs and cavities where a heart and brain would sit....then when opening the boxes we found arms and an strange thing that, if my memory of how the torso looked...would fit in the head cavity so I assume it's the brain. Each piece brings new sensations when I get close to them: the torso brings feelings of a hide of great toughness, the arms bring forth strength unimaginable to us Nekos and the brain brings forth thoughts alien to me, full of Voodoo might. It scares me, but at the same time I feel like they're calling to me, asking me to make the being whole. I'll try asking the others if we could search for the rest of the parts, the legs and the heart, as a side project. Hopefully this will prove to be a great asset to us in the coming future... for some reason I feel like I have heard those voices before, when I had my revelation about the Sivalinga stones, as if the will of Terra herself wants us to bring this being to fruition to break those that have claimed her by force...the vile Star Gods.
OXCE Suggestions NEW / Re: [Suggestion] Inventory stats - add soldier slot number
« Last post by zRrr on May 19, 2024, 03:30:58 pm »
My guess is high casualities. Who cares, what stats or name Rookie McRookieface has, it is first and last time they go on mission anyway :)

So, here is some lazy modding: buy tickets, put on craft, equip on soldier to see what's their spawn order. Spawn order means that tanks go first and take a number, and if you use custom deployment layout, this will probably not work for you. Tickets also double as electroflares.

The X-Com Files / Re: Old versions archive?
« Last post by varajo411 on May 19, 2024, 12:53:26 pm »
If you want, you can simply copy the file HitFX-basic.rul from the current version of XCF to your ancient one. It will enable hit flashing.

Cool, I did not know that. Anyway, I played this older version of the game for an hour or two. it was interesting to compare it to the current version of the game. I prefer the newest version with some submods.
The X-Com Files / Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New
« Last post by Solarius Scorch on May 19, 2024, 12:12:42 pm »
Here is some lore for hybrid factory:

Bold, but I'm afraid it would collide with pretty much the entire lore, from Cydonians' motives to Reptoids... :)

But it does have some vague resemblance to the Reptoid associated tropes.
This will not work, goal of `buyCostItem` is only to calculate cost, noting else. even if I would add `getMonthlyBuyLimit` then this script hook could not still use it as it have only access to read-only game object.

To make it work we would need add `butItem` that will be allowed to alter game state but this is lot bigger feature to make it right.
I could consider adding this in some future when I will expand geosacpe scripts hooks more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10