aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3749714 times)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G - 9 May - Close Combat Carnage
« Reply #4590 on: May 20, 2017, 03:39:05 am »
Might just be me, but I would axe STR_BOUNTY_HUNTING_PRIZE_ALLIANCE_FAVORS as prereq for STR_CONTACT_MUTANT_ALLIANCE. Really slows down my current game, because of not getting to STR_SCHOOLING_2 - so much so that I thought I was encountering some bug and I started searching the .rul. Furthermore it forces you into one of those game changing *research* thingies. And there would still be STR_TROPHY_TARGET_75_MUTANT_ALLIANCE.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 04:06:52 am by Zharkov »

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: May 20, 2017, 06:17:02 am »
Got a similar experience with my playthrough. Took me just under one game year to meet the requirements to research the Mutant Alliance.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: May 20, 2017, 11:38:38 am »
It might be intended to make the important early game longer and more challenging.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: May 20, 2017, 01:26:37 pm »
Everytime rockets hit my own troops because the projectile got stopped by a grass-stalk.

Heavy bullets should be able to penetrate wooden wall and his the guild hostess hiding behind it. Just like it worked in Jagged Alliance 2.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: May 20, 2017, 06:02:03 pm »
Walls are equally thick. A bullet hitting a wooden fench is absorbed the same way like it hits a ufo-hull.
Coding a penetratable wall might be a bit tough to do. I prefer to just delete the wall with a tiny bullet or a neural-whip slap.
Slapping walls into submission is something lovely to do.

Offline Dreamsicle

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: May 20, 2017, 09:26:27 pm »
One of the main reasons for CQB code was PRECISELY to stop hammers and chainsaws from auto-hitting. They're the only thing in the new balance I'm considering to be working properly already.

I don't like the idea of magical drones, but I feel that late game weapons already allow to mop up real fast... I can always add some more, ofc.

Fair enough, though at least in my experience I've had to drop them from use as I feel the TU and weight cost were too much for me to use them now and I could get more reliable hits from sabers, cutlasses and other melee weapons.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: May 21, 2017, 12:45:00 am »
Hammers, Pickaxes and chainchaws can still hit as long as you can roll a good CQB value. Those tools are still neat to break walls tho.
The problem with these tools is the 100% hit you got by using them point-blank against anything.

Now they can be dodged so better hit walls with it instead :D

Offline atroix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: May 21, 2017, 10:35:13 am »
From my experirnce the hammer and chaonsaw are still pretty good. I still get hits 2 out of three 1 out of three and thats. Just right to get the job done. Still like tp see it fine tunned a little more for adjacent units with not in target. And i heva the impression that facing doesn't matter at all. I may be wrong.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: May 21, 2017, 10:51:54 am »
The facing of your target is considered into the roll. It does remain a RNG situation anyway.

Offline atroix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: May 21, 2017, 10:58:33 am »
The facing of your target is considered into the roll. It does remain a RNG situation anyway.

I know that the formula is like that, but for me the ingame results just look like it doesn't.  Rng just loves me in the rong way i guess.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: May 21, 2017, 11:10:10 am »
If you give the game a chance to win a roll, you will lose the crucial RNG-Situation.

95% melee hits will fail.
95% shots will miss.
The crucial DMG-Rolls magically can't penetrate armor and so on.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: May 21, 2017, 10:51:57 pm »
Following items are not mentioned as a requirement-hint to build a witch-outfit:

Monster Teeth
Monster Eye
Spider Silk

I might be wrong but if those items are not mentioned as a component-ingredient, users might be unhappy after selling silk, eyes and teeth for profit.
In the ingame tech-viever the entry for // voodoo rod [m] // is missing.

Offline The Think Tank

• Captain
  • "If we can't see them, they can't see us!" - Rook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: May 22, 2017, 09:37:12 pm »
These new Bounty Missions show an amazing amount of potential, and even though they are in their early stage they may end up becoming what I use to spend spare time when trying to get a critical component manufactured or researched. Although, I do think some of the prizes could probably be expanded more for the late game, or maybe that is because I haven't researched enough for the bounty missions.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: May 22, 2017, 09:42:27 pm »
Given that the midgame has apparently been moved back again, has the time when the crackdowns start happening frequently been moved as well?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: May 22, 2017, 09:46:05 pm »
I do think some of the prizes could probably be expanded more for the late game, or maybe that is because I haven't researched enough for the bounty missions.

The crucial stuff is tailored into the current bounty missions. I don't need further cases of "Implosion Bomb launcher parts" to advance the techtree.

Given that the midgame has apparently been moved back again, has the time when the crackdowns start happening frequently been moved as well?

Depending on the difficulty. Don't think you need any good tech, just bombs, flamethrowers and rocket launchers.