Author Topic: Why am so addictive to XPiratez?  (Read 1867 times)

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
  • Work hard and play hard lol
    • View Profile
Why am so addictive to XPiratez?
« on: June 13, 2023, 06:15:38 am »
Love XPiratez guys. So much fun that now with SD working. I am playing it almost everywhere I go when I have some free time. Keep up the good work brothers. (The huge new fun items are great. But inventory system is a mess. Hope there are some way to make it better.)

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Why am so addictive to XPiratez?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 10:22:25 am »
But inventory system is a mess. Hope there are some way to make it better.
Disable this crap in settings. Even developers that created it don't use it (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,10452.msg151922.html#msg151922).

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 06:05:35 pm »
Disable this crap in settings. Even developers that created it don't use it (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,10452.msg151922.html#msg151922).

Great. Will check them out now. TY

Offline Torchwood

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 06:02:53 pm »
The alternate inventory, or "apoc mode", being based on X-Com Apocalypse's way of equipping with gear tied to soldiers instead of craft, is an acquired taste. I've found it highly useful for the high equipment turnover of lategame mission and for preventing craft pile bloat, but I'll be the first to admit it requires some getting used to.

If it's not to your liking, you can always turn it off, as previously suggested.

Regarding inventory management, there's a few tools with limited documentation you might find helpful:

-A useful tool to migrate to a new transport, or to quickly load and unload craft equipment for missions that limit available gear, like mansions, is craft save/load. Press F5 in the craft equipment screen to save your stashed gear to up to 10 different templates, F9 to load. This is a good way to switch from and to diving or space gear. In Apoc mode, this is mostly useful for setting up a stockpile of backup gear and supplies.
-If you have a preferred loadout for a specific soldier, you can save a personal loadout to S, and L to load it. Personal loadout includes both armor and equipment. Another useful thing to switch back your gals to their normal gear after an undersea adventure
-You can also use up to 20 preconfigured templates, F5 to save and F9 to load in the soldier inventory screen, to quickly switch to a pre-selected choice of gear, and optionally, armor. The 1-0 keys can quickly load templates 1 through 10, press 1-10 twice to access templates 11 through 20

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 09:18:07 pm »
-You can also use up to 20 preconfigured templates
This can be increased up to 50 templates in "options.cfg" with:
Code: [Select]
oxceMaxEquipmentLayoutTemplates: 50Very useful. If the same could be said for Crafts that would be the cherry on top.  :)

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023, 09:38:21 pm »
This can be increased up to 50 templates in "options.cfg" with:
Code: [Select]
oxceMaxEquipmentLayoutTemplates: 50Very useful. If the same could be said for Crafts that would be the cherry on top.  :)

nice. will try them all see what fix me the most.  XPiratez turn xcom into whole another level of fun and pain. so many new items and rnd make xcom just so much more complex. loving her. Do we have a good RnD tree someone have created? going into tech tree all the time to see what we need to RnD is a pain.

Offline Torchwood

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2023, 05:23:06 pm »
There were attempts at making one, but it was so sprawling and convoluted it lacked any informational value. The developer intent was making research an adventure of discovery, in which you just research whatever feels right and see where it leads you. In practice, the only reliable guide to XPZ research is experiencing it yourself.

With that in mind, the consensus for early-midgame research priorities is as follow:
-Unlock any new missions you can handle. The sooner you can get bounty hunting and monster hunting, the better, as these give good payoffs and are usually doable with six gals. This is particularly true when your interception capabilities are nonexistant and generated missions are your only opportunity for booty unless you luck into a landed small ship next door.

-The pirate culture and its cornerstones a high priority, particularly Violence because it leads to bounty hunts, and because it leads to the tiny drill, which offers huge benefits as soon as the unlocking event is complete. It's slightly delayed now, but gold and red give massive signup packages, not to mention access to shadowcraft.

-In general, as soon as you can afford it, increase the number of brainers. There is a lot of ground to cover, and assigning extra brains to the task is the best way to make gains.

-Contact: Krazy Hanna gives you access to machines guns and more importantly, high explosives and RPGs. Though costly, the ability to delete a large swath of enemies with a bang is valuable both as a panic button if you find 5+ enemies camping outside your craft and for dealing with trespassers invading your hideouts. Not to mention that RPG HEAT warheads are your first reliable ranged option to deal with heavily armored targets.

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 12:22:49 am »
... just research whatever feels right and see where it leads you. In practice, the only reliable guide to XPZ research is experiencing it yourself.

lol. I am so ashame to say that I keep SnL untill I get what I want. lol. Not gonna let "see where it leads you" get into my speedy percision RnD. lol.

With that in mind, the consensus for early-midgame research priorities is as follow:
-Unlock any new missions you can handle. The sooner you can get bounty hunting and monster hunting, the better, as these give good payoffs and are usually doable with six gals. This is particularly true when your interception capabilities are nonexistant and generated missions are your only opportunity for booty unless you luck into a landed small ship next door.

-The pirate culture and its cornerstones a high priority, particularly Violence because it leads to bounty hunts, and because it leads to the tiny drill, which offers huge benefits as soon as the unlocking event is complete. It's slightly delayed now, but gold and red give massive signup packages, not to mention access to shadowcraft.

-In general, as soon as you can afford it, increase the number of brainers. There is a lot of ground to cover, and assigning extra brains to the task is the best way to make gains.

-Contact: Krazy Hanna gives you access to machines guns and more importantly, high explosives and RPGs. Though costly, the ability to delete a large swath of enemies with a bang is valuable both as a panic button if you find 5+ enemies camping outside your craft and for dealing with trespassers invading your hideouts. Not to mention that RPG HEAT warheads are your first reliable ranged option to deal with heavily armored targets.

Great advices. Almost finish the old Prz few year ago. But seeing there are so many new things that I just start a whole new game and whole new pain n fun. Done most what you said. Now focus on Krazy and Gun Emporium now. Long way to go until i get my precious "Personal Shields" like xcoma.