Author Topic: Let's Play PirateZ! (0.9j) Finished:Incomplete (52 episodes)  (Read 131236 times)

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play PirateZ! (0.9j) Now with Limericks!!!
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2015, 11:53:23 pm »
Thanks Ivan! :D
Grav harness and hover armour you get pretty early, yeah. The other one took me a while (and as far as I can tell, you don't have it yet since you asked about it :P) Hover armour makes it doable to follow the gals up with a HMG, the other armour makes it not only doable, but actually a good idea.
Ha! Good point! Haven't seen those yet I guess ;) My hardest were power armoured traders in this playthrough. (My aborted, no pogrom one had some TftD guys though.. Haven't seen them yet)

TFTD guys in a Progrom? You mean
Spoiler:
the church guys resembling xcom aquanaughts?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2015, 12:29:48 am »
No, I've seen those and know what to call them ;) It was my "no-pogrom" game: It didn't have pogroms because of a nightly/mod thing..

In that game, I saw people in what looked like
Spoiler:
Magnetic Ion Armour that can fly above ground, equipped with gauss weapons[/spoilers].

Those guys were nasty and I never managed to stun one (only managed to kill a few, but not even recover anything :().

After Dioxine fixed things, I aborted that game and transferred the gals back in time in a new game through save tampering.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 25, 2015, 01:48:05 am »
No, I've seen those and know what to call them ;) It was my "no-pogrom" game: It didn't have pogroms because of a nightly/mod thing..

In that game, I saw people in what looked like
Spoiler:
Magnetic Ion Armour that can fly above ground, equipped with gauss weapons[/spoilers].

Those guys were nasty and I never managed to stun one (only managed to kill a few, but not even recover anything :().

After Dioxine fixed things, I aborted that game and transferred the gals back in time in a new game through save tampering.
Academy or trader mission?
Spoiler:
Looks like (speculating) that those were either Guild master or Provost but...Multiples of them? 

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2015, 01:54:10 am »
I don't think so... We saw one trader boss in Ivan's base defense with the TftD armor, but the rest was easy to recognize as traders.

Spoiler:
What I saw was a full team in magnetic ion armor, with a tank similar to the humanists (vanilla UFO looking tank). As far as I know, that doesn't fit either of them

If Ivan is not reading spoilers, he'll be going crazy with the half conversations ;) And if he does, maybe he'll go crazy with fear after the sea monster encounter ;)

edit: Damn it! That's what I get for writing "spoilers" tag myself.. Sorry everyone who didn't want to read that!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:39:36 am by Arthanor »

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 25, 2015, 02:10:15 am »
Hm...Havent seen those...I wonder....Anyways, more surprises for me then :D

Spoiler:
They were not Mercenaries either?.....

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2015, 04:17:29 am »
Sounds like a really bugged-out version. Magnetic-Ion armor doesn't exits in Piratez, except for certain violet-caped guys... but they never exist in multiples. And if they did, it was a bug.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 25, 2015, 04:42:43 am »
Really?! hum.. Maybe it was the power armor equivalent then.. I don't know. It is entirely possible that it was a bugged version, since it was the game with no pogroms.

If I ever encounter something I recognize as them, I'll do my best to ID them!

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2015, 02:10:10 pm »
Really?! hum.. Maybe it was the power armor equivalent then.. I don't know. It is entirely possible that it was a bugged version, since it was the game with no pogroms.

If I ever encounter something I recognize as them, I'll do my best to ID them!

You researched them though didnt you? You got the afroamerican guy with golden earings and the fancy sunglasses as a picture holding the helmet on the rear right?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2015, 03:14:44 pm »
No, in that game I didn't make it very far.. I was only a few months in, realized I had no pogroms, so restarted with a new version of the mod. So I have absolutely no idea who it was. I managed to kill some, but it just says "Dead" on the corpses, and never managed to stun one since I did not have powerful enough stun weapons (or strong enough gals with fistycuffs to punch them into submission).

If I ever encounter them again, I'll let you know :P Haven't seen anything like them in my new game yet. Oh well.. Another mystery in the world of Piratez!

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2015, 03:52:29 pm »
Maybe it was these guys?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2015, 04:18:20 pm »
*gulp*

We're trying to fight off the aliens and heretics!

What is the xenos?
-A blight to be purged!
What is the mutant?
-A cancer to be excised!
What is the heretic?
-A shame to be expunged!

*and most the Piratez World is left a radioactive wasteland, ashes drifting in the winds. In the distance, faithful Humanists celebrate their victory after the Angels of Death vanished at dawn. A long shadow stretches from a Uber's skull.*

Oh we are SO off-topic..!

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2015, 08:05:59 pm »
Maybe it was these guys?

Maybe, but they were on the wrong side.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Let's Play OpenXcom PirateZ! Ep #026: Black April!!
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2015, 12:42:03 am »
Let's Play OpenXcom PirateZ! Ep #026: Black April!!

How low can you Go?

Cheers, Ivan :D

Limerick:
Spoiler:
The gals were depressed it were true
April battered and bruised 'em to blue
  The Nations may scoff
  At the pogrom take off
But we still have one helluva Crew

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2015, 05:37:07 am »
Hi Ivan!

Don't worry about black April, let's look forward to May's bounty! I can say that I'm happy Max is by your side again :D I think you're also learing a valuable Piratez lesson: You're not a soldier defending Earth, you're a pirate. You prey on the weak and get loot/ransom/booty, no point in dying against the tough guys. You know what those -7000$ are? Less than a fifth of a lowly GO's ransom. That's nothing. It's really nothing compared to what a bottle of rum's worth!

If I may suggest something for Max, it'd be to keep her unarmored or better yet give her smokey armor, and give her a hunting rifle or BlackMarch SMG. Invest in your ranged soldiers so they get better. She doesn't have great reactions, or great melee, so she's better off the frontlines covering the other girls.

Hunting rifles and blackmarch SMGs are not great weapons but they will keep your non melee gals safer at a distance, pinging away at the enemy. You don't need 18 gals running at the enemy with axes.

Having gals hitting stuff means they increase in firing accuracy and strength, so they'll be able to carry better weapons and hit more stuff, harder! Get a few hits in a few battles and you'll start seeing the improvements. The better the accuracy, the more hits, the more hits, the more improvements, etc. And the more hits, the more we kill 'em!

Then comes the scoped rifle, sniper rifle, plastasteel ammo and finally the heavy cannon. All within your reach next month, stuff that can put the hurt even on armoured guys.

Those pogroms and deep ones mean nothing. We learned, we survived, we can get 'em! Let's not forget who stood up to traders trying to invade the hideout! That's something to be proud of! We can do it and we can make them hurt! We just have to pick who to get back to first. I suggest traders ;) Let's see what the RNG throws at you!

Have a shot, capt'n! Then we fly the Bonny into the Kraken's jaw and from there, carve out our fortune for eternity!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:10:34 pm by Arthanor »

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2015, 01:06:52 pm »
Inspirational speech.

Somebody give that man a medal and a Promotion! He deserves them.