Author Topic: [Request] Graphics improvemt - fix for hangar craftSlots displayed  (Read 212 times)

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
Low Priority Request:
Would really appreciate an update when having multiple crafts in hangars to show only one craft where there is only one craftSlots defined?

(This one works correctly)
I have a hangar with 4 crafts spaces and to display 4 craftslots defined:
    craftSlots:
      - [-17, -17, 0]
      - [17, -17, 0]
      - [-17, 17, 0]
      - [17, 17, 0]

(This is the one with the issue)
I have another hangar that has 3 craft spaces and to display only 1 craftSlot defined: (This hangar is supposed to be 3 levels deep which is why it has 3 crafts and only one slot)
    craftSlots:
      - [1, 1, 0]

Instead of "only" showing one craft graphic, it overlays the craft graphics.  The desired result would be to only show the most recent craft added to the hangar or most recent craft that returned from a mission as the icon to display in the hangar.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 12:52:44 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Request] Graphics improvemt - fix for hangar craftSlots displayed
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 12:27:06 pm »
I guess that should be easy enough to change.
The original author had coded it in a way that there would just be an exception and the game crashes if there isn't a slot defined for each craft if it's more than one craft.
So my work-around was to just draw all the craft in the center, which caused the rather ugly overlap.

Changing it to just draw one of them in this case (I'd not go as far as to research which one, just whatever it would draw first) should be easy enough.

But I'm now understanding Meridian's position better and better. I didn't even accept all that many contributions but the maintenance-effort for them can become quite significant. Especially if it's in code that also underwent changes in the OXCE-code-base.

Or when I implement a feature like items in the production-queue not needing space unless work on them is started that later also gets implemented in OXCE but in a different way.

All this makes me cautious towards code-changes outside of the AI.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 12:32:30 pm by Xilmi »

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
Re: [Request] Graphics improvemt - fix for hangar craftSlots displayed
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 03:07:27 am »
Yep, totally understand about effort and maintaining multiple code efforts, and from others is harder as they might have not implemented best or the way you think it works best with your other changes.

If possible, my requested would be to draw the craft that is placed last into the hangar, which would also include crafts that are sent out, upon return they would be the craft that is drawn in the hangar.

And thank you for supporting these fixes.