aliens

Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 462446 times)

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #1365 on: April 22, 2024, 03:55:00 pm »
Yes, I just added a few scientific units to the base using the spawn command (regardless of how many there are on the base), the rest of the scientists were evacuated, only a few people remained (this gives the base some kind of completeness, closes the emptiness).

I can, in principle, make sure that 50 scientists appear in the laboratory (not the number of them on the base at the moment, but the maximum number that can be accommodated in this module), but in this case there will be a lot of people on the base, it’s better already implement it like I did, just make a spawn for 10 civilian units that are dressed like scientists.

I don’t think that it is generally necessary to implement this completely (as many as there are on the base, there are as many of them when defending the base), it is enough to implement it as I did (they constantly spawn in a static number, for example 10 scientists, the rest were evacuated).

Maybe this is not a full implementation of such a function, but just a superficial spawn function, but nevertheless it looks good (scientists spawn even if they are not at all on the base, so that this does not happen, I tied the spawn of these units to one module of the base, if there is no a laboratory has been built, which means that when the base is attacked, scientists will not spawn).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 03:58:28 pm by _Raven_ »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 26, 2024, 02:08:13 pm »
Strange stuff with light intensity (personalLight end lighting items). 10 or less illuminates almost nothing, more than 20 means I don’t feel any increase in illumination. And most importantly, I couldn’t find information about this anywhere. I suggest you check, find out the maximum value of light intensity and add this information to the "Ruleset Reference".

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 26, 2024, 02:22:07 pm »
Tile light levels are between 0 and 15.

Divider between "night" and "day" is 9 or 10 by default, not sure. Can be modded.

Item light level 20 will still illuminate nearby tiles with light level +15 (maximum), but it will spread further (bigger illuminated circle).
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Night_Missions#Flares

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 26, 2024, 03:23:28 pm »
Thank you. Now it is clear that above radius 14 the backlight does not work https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=File:FlarePattern.png. As I thought, personalLight can be set above 20, but it will not give anything. This is what I ask you to include in the description of the parameter.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 26, 2024, 04:25:40 pm »
That's not what I said.

I said that higher number (e.g. 20) will not give you higher light intensity, but it will give you higher radius.

I can be wrong, but that's how I remember it from PirateZ.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 26, 2024, 04:33:48 pm »
There is global limit for max light radius for units, it could be possible by default be around 20.

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 27, 2024, 07:27:33 pm »
We both turned our attention to the tile lighting at the same time, and I also just finished working with a new lighting system. I set the body of my aircraft to 5 (light power 5), individual parts to 10 (holograms, light bulbs, all light sources that should emit light), now when I play at night, the body of my aircraft is visible, but it is still darkened (does not sparkle) like a Christmas tree), it’s better to play like that than to appear in a black hole. Also with the UFO, the light bulbs are set to 10 (they shine, but not much), the backlight inside the UFO is set to 5 (also not complete darkness inside the UFO, but not daylight either, just in moderation).

Tell me what kind of command this is and why it doesn’t work for me (maybe it doesn’t work on Android)
Spoiler:
Code:
###facilities:
###  - type: STR_HANGAR_C
###    crafts: 4
###    craftSlots:
###      - [-17, -17, 0]
###      - [17, -17, 0]
###      - [-17, 17, 0]
###      - [17, 17, 0]
I downloaded a mod that had this large hangar for 4 planes, there was also this “craftSlots” command, it should place the aviation sprites in different places on the hangar sprite, but no, you can still only see the sprite of one plane in the center of the hangar.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 27, 2024, 07:39:57 pm »
I downloaded a mod that had this large hangar for 4 planes, there was also this “craftSlots” command, it should place the aviation sprites in different places on the hangar sprite, but no, you can still only see the sprite of one plane in the center of the hangar.

The mod uses features which are not available in vanilla OXCE so I think this is the wrong place to ask this question.

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 27, 2024, 07:59:02 pm »
I think I understand, this function probably works in OXCE Brutal-AI
In that case, I apologize for disturbing you (Well, they made different versions, it doesn’t work there, but here it is).

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 29, 2024, 12:02:51 pm »
Is it possible to make it so that sometimes weapons fail during a mission? Then it would make sense to buy more of it and take more of it with you on missions.

Offline aziza

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 30, 2024, 10:32:57 am »
Do mods have options?
For disabling or enabling some features in the current mod (not submods, but mod-options)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 30, 2024, 12:08:17 pm »
Mods can fix some existing options, to prevent players changing them.

Offline aziza

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 30, 2024, 07:18:05 pm »
Why in the New Battle I have 8 soldiers only?
Where is button to increase decrease them?
I don't know how to reproduce this "bug?" , have a backuped OXCE folder with this 8 soldiers
Helped Randomize button only and 30 soldiers are showed again
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 07:21:37 pm by aziza »

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 30, 2024, 09:55:09 pm »
Reading Pitatez changelog:
OXCE upgrade to 7.12.5 15-Apr-2024
WHere can I find 7.12.5 apk for android? OXCE v7.12 download & installation guide doesn't have that version

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 30, 2024, 10:15:20 pm »
The latest official released version is 7.12

I did not release 7.12.5, use at own risk.
There is no apk build for android.