Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3734470 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99I1 - 26 Dec - Spirit of Christmas
« Reply #5310 on: February 28, 2018, 07:27:29 pm »
Thanks. That was useful :3

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: February 28, 2018, 09:07:49 pm »
Is the monthly upkeep for the workers counted in? How long does it take to produce 40x courtesan?

Courtesans cost 100 hours, which is easy-peasy. Ive wasted a heck of alot of manufacturing time on ammunition and guns and ripping the wires out of tablet computers that I probably could have gotten by with less, or will just end up sitting around for a long time taking up space.

4000 hours for 40 courtesans overall takes several days, while it isnt nothing, its forgettable. Its not like wasting research time by forgetting to allocate brainers for instance. Collecting those 40 Guild Hostesses is whats going to take you a long time, you cant order them.

but 40 is the official limit
What does this mean and in which context? Since I have neither hit this limit nor read about it anywhere. Is that the maximum number of slaves you can have in each category is 40? Or that the prison capacity is capped at 40?
(I believe I had over 50 slave robots in a previous playthrough, thats where most of my damaged grav units were going)

If prison capacity is a problem just build prisons at other bases and ship the booty around, as the capacity opens up at the production base.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:14:06 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: March 01, 2018, 06:44:17 am »
Collecting those 40 Guild Hostesses is whats going to take you a long time, you cant order them.
You can once you've researched Saya, the final Mutant Alliance bounty.

Since I have neither hit this limit nor read about it anywhere. Is that the maximum number of slaves you can have in each category is 40? Or that the prison capacity is capped at 40?
The capacity of a Cryo Prison is 40 and having only one prison was a limit given by Ethereal_Medic. Overbuying means that you can buy, say 50 Guild Hostesses and thus have your prison filled with 50 of 40 captures.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: March 01, 2018, 05:09:58 pm »
At the topic of "exchange your surplus-tokens for something valuable" we still need a token-sink for Jack.
Right now we got Mutant Alliance Files for Saya's tokens, Taskmasters for Zaxx and Tomes for Wiz Biz. (The later better be stored until the "Summon Devil" is implemented)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: March 01, 2018, 06:51:02 pm »
I know.

Master Crafted Weapon Parts.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: March 01, 2018, 06:55:27 pm »
My idea for a Jack token sink would be armor and/or weapons. Similar stuff as you can get from military transports or smugglers. Nuclear lasers come to mind, at a very expansive token price. Or the forementioned master crafted weapon parts...

Another idea for all types of tokens, if Dioxine wants to go that way: Beeing able to buy stuff that is codex locked. At an insane token price, you can try a few of the items the other codexes offer, to give you a teaser.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:00:21 pm by Eddie »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: March 01, 2018, 07:56:37 pm »
That would sneak around the law. We're not allowed to have the benefits of all codexes anymore.
If we give enough feedback, the colors get buffed/nerfed eventually :3

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: March 02, 2018, 01:58:44 am »
I know it is not intended, and surely it is against Dioxine's ideas and the taste of several people on the forum... but I would like to have a very late game mission with some special very hard enemies that can give you a second codex, so you can open a second path. A totally optional, and very hard even with late late game tech mission.

In the end, I always reset after having half of the requisites for school graduation anyways (Normally after 2 or 3 updates, so I can test the early game again). Just something to add a little spice to the end game.

But I understand that the idea of several codex in part is about "replay value"... i guess.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: March 02, 2018, 02:38:56 am »
Along with token sinks, Jack also needs some way to earn tokens outside of his missions.  Zaxx has old money, MA has mutant captives, Jack has... nothing, all of his tokens come from his missions and his missions only.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: March 02, 2018, 03:17:58 am »
The capacity of a Cryo Prison is 40 and having only one prison was a limit given by Ethereal_Medic.

Yes but you can combine this with Prison Cells @ 15 each and ive got 2 of those, so 40+30=70 if you're willing to have 3 structures for it. Then again I dont know how big a "large prison" is since I havent researched it yet, sounds like 2x2 and im guessing 80-100 bodies. But now that I know what this is actually concerning I know the courtesans dont actually take up prison space its just the guild hostess that does.

Along with token sinks, Jack also needs some way to earn tokens outside of his missions.

Jack deals in... goods. If there's any specialized kinda goods the player might get their hands on, expensive stuff one step above "consumer goods" then that could be exchanged since it would be a favor to him to provide those things without having to go through the proper channels. Its the equivalent of old money briefcases just with a different spin. And those can be inserted as random loot into places that they might make sense to put - mansions, those hospital buildings on some random map sets, ES missions, Smuggler Millenium Falcon ships, maybe on a Heavy Freighter, and so forth.

Mastercraft weapons parts is a perfect outlet for that, Jack always deals in the best stuff. They can be very expensive, almost like buying prisoners from the mercinaries... im naming the price for Mastercrafted Weapons Parts at the equivalent of $1,000,000... 100 Jack's tokens would be just about right since that makes it feel like a nice investment to spend the tokens on it, but expensive enough to be very pricey for trying to deck everybody out with custom stuff (and it feels rather expensive to the wallet to be forking over the cash for 100 tokens too).

He should have probably 3 different sinks to invest in since you get enduring benefits from the other two factions, whereas anything you get from jack is likely to be equipment based and thus static. Ive got this idea based on the Use Drill subject (an item that can become multiple things) about the equivalent of a Cheese/Crackers/Sausage gift box...

He could have Gift Packages of two different sizes (A and B) and each one would have like 5 manufacture processes to open them up and get different items out of them, located probably under Special Project since that category is awful lonely. The smaller one gives items that would be beneficial in the field such as a stack of clips, grenades, armor maybe.
The bigger one provides ship based stuff or materials for the base, large style equipment. These boxes should cost something like 150 and 300 tokens respectively so that way it feels like you're getting a really big meatball for it.
(these could be things that you might be able to buy or manufacture, or in a few cases something that is prohibitive to manufacture or cant be bought at all - but is still something you would likely find attached to a ship in a mission. The price value doesn't have to add up the same between each type of box since the usefulness of them could outweigh their price... how else might someone buy a treasure chest)

Late game a player no doubt would be selling most of what those boxes provided, but then again some stuff you'd get could be essential components like power armor parts and the like. It is too bad that we cant introduce gambling and have a randomized set of like 40 different configurations of items that each box produced.

I know it is not intended, and surely it is against Dioxine's ideas and the taste of several people on the forum... but I would like to have a very late game mission.
Ive suggested the idea of a Flying Dutchman + Davy Jones type of encounter involving deep ones flying around in a supersized (aqua plastic) battleship that you just cant fight or tractor, and you gotta wait until it lands somewhere. Which could be a 2 stage mission and the ship does not stop spawning until you beat the 2nd stage, and you get a hideout assault penalty if you quit.
(Davy Jones be the right hand squid of T'Leth)
(killin' davy jones might invoke wrath but since the piratez exist above the waves it would take T'Leth a mightly long time to figure out how to track em down)

As for what you'd get for that probably 4-6 hour long playthrough of a mission, a Codex sure could be one thing, except that it would have to be random loot since the Flying Dutchman would impose a infamy penalty while it flies just like secure freight (thus you have to confront it at some point). Infamy penalty because they be bigger pirates than you making you look superfluous, and the governments be willing to pay tribute to Davy Jones instead to keep him from raiding them.

Beeing able to buy stuff that is codex locked. At an insane token price, you can try a few of the items the other codexes offer, to give you a teaser.
That should be a WizBiz token sink since thats what they deal in. And the prices should be insane because those codex locked items are pretty darn rare.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:28:15 am by RSSwizard »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: March 02, 2018, 04:58:10 pm »
I don't want "Lootbox"es in this game. That's an ass idea made for kids born in 2000+ and abuses gambling-habits.
Can we not do this please?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: March 02, 2018, 04:58:35 pm »
That would sneak around the law. We're not allowed to have the benefits of all codexes anymore.

Modding that is trivial. ;)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: March 02, 2018, 05:12:04 pm »
Ofc you can give yourself 4 menacing hulls and 4 drills but that is simply cheating.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: March 02, 2018, 06:14:21 pm »
Or you can change dependencies.

Seriously, why should you play up to late game four times to get all the content? The early game is the most fun, it becomes too grindy for me later!

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: March 02, 2018, 06:54:39 pm »
At one point you can also just skip missions and only do craft-hunting. Does enough points together with research + mutant alliance + reticulan-human bonus.
Buy-produce capsules and build conquerer, do cydonia BOOM mod done try again :D

Other difficulty setting, enabling ironman and do another color.