Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1091559 times)

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3855 on: May 05, 2024, 03:28:09 am »
Where is the default deployment location for large units in the airtruck?  Quick Battle is showing me second floor.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: May 21, 2024, 01:34:20 am »
What exactly is the purpose of being given the Little Bird with a built in chaingun... it cant stand up to anything that shows up st the beginning of the game...

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: May 21, 2024, 02:09:13 am »
Did you perhaps not put good pilots on it? Little Bird can stand up to most early game vessels. Bandit Car, Bandit Wartruck, Highway Convoy, Sandcrawler, Rogue Courier, Highwaymen Hoverpod, Black Helicopter, etc... probably also Bandit Zeppelin with two weapons and good pilots. I think Necroplane is too strong for it, and Ninjas will obviously wreck it. Anyway, put XTRA ARMOR on it if your pilots are crap and only use CHEM-TANK if you got no choice.

The main benefit of Little Bird is the hidden 12x Glamour that you get on ground missions with it. This glamour also gives up to +144 additional mission score. Well, assuming you can finish those missions before the glamour decays.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 02:27:32 am by Delian »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: May 21, 2024, 06:27:34 am »
Did you perhaps not put good pilots on it?
The only stuff that shows up early game that it can actually catch up with are Zeppelins and those Ninja Prop Planes, and bandit Armored Cars.

Best gals I had by month 3-4 only had like +15% acc and maybe +10% dodge as pilots. And that's pick of the litter. Actually does good hits on a ninja prop plane and only takes about 1/3 damage capacity but then the enemy plane just runs off.

By the time I just got Aircar... I now also have a Double 25mm cannon from a landed cutter, and ive got a peasant sniper with good +Acc as a pilot. So thats why I asked WTF is the point of the Heli when I basically just skip past it now.

Good note about the glamour, I hadn't noticed that. Range sucks but it can be shipped to a base closer to the crash/mission and maybe reach it that way (can the damn gun be used on the ground?). Reminds me a little bit of the 40k meme of the commisar ordering the tank to get closer so he can hit them with his sword.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 06:34:30 am by RSSwizard »