Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Help / Re: How to add weapons to the store?
« Last post by Yankes on Today at 02:26:11 pm »
PS: btw. if you have a zip file with the mod still around, changes in the extracted files will have no effect, because the mod will be loaded directly from the original zip file
unless name start with `.` as all files and folders with dot are ignored by OXCE.
You should be able to shoot them on the ground if there are no nearby walls, or just blast the area with a stun bomb or similar. Some mods allow you to keep fallen foes down via smoke grenades, not sure this extends to the original.
At least OXCE stunned units are still units, in OXC and OG stunned units are items.

When unit is treated as item you can't hit it and only explosions can kill it (if remove corpse item itself).
In OXCE I added logic that unit first need to die before game will handle it as item, this mean you can boost stun or hit stunned units.
in DOS original, they maybe rise 0.1 % or less, unless you stand on them
in openxcom, they may rise 70%, i didnt have many tentaculats in the missions yet, but i think they rise up too, so was this part  modded?
Not that I know of. It may be that you remember wrong, I definitely recall camping downed Sectoids and Chryssalids thirty years ago. Or perhaps you're using different weapons now.

Standing on the body has never made any difference, short of blocking that spot and making them stand up on another tile.

You should be able to shoot them on the ground if there are no nearby walls, or just blast the area with a stun bomb or similar. Some mods allow you to keep fallen foes down via smoke grenades, not sure this extends to the original.

i am not sure of this one in the control menu, if "alien bleeding" was said to YES, then would this stop the rising behaviors?
Maybe a few of them, but not in general. They'd need to bleed to death faster than they recover from stun for that to work, and for that to happen, you'd need to either wound them so badly they might as well be dead anyway, or use a wound-centric weapon (which aren't in vanilla). Or stun them so hard the issues is moot anyway.

are the number of alien colonies limited by any chance in the geoscape in openxcom? i used to have around 30 colonies all over the globe in the original DOS version before MC labs, now in OpenXCOM, all i have  is maybe 6 visible alien colonies...
I'd suggest it's a matter of random mission generation. There's a lot of randomness in what you can get, so one playthrough does not necessarily resemble another. You might lose all your major sponsors to infiltration, but see just a few bases. Or there may be a million bases, but very little abduction or infiltration. Vanilla does tend to converge towards having a spread of all mission types, but nothing is ever guaranteed with RNG.

And you may, of course, be missing the other 24+ colonies that are there, chilling under your radar. :)

the xcom unit's movement in the control menu was set to max, but still, time wasting for moving 10 units per turn are repetitively slow and bad in my head
They always moved about as fast as they do now, just the game itself was accelerated if your CPU could handle it.

The best tip I have is to make the trajectory appear off-screen, even if the destination isn't. Then movement is near-instantanaous. You can also Shift-click to make your soldiers cease stopping when they see an alien, if you already know where the alien is and don't care about that individual soldier's vision of them.

there seems to be NO hotkeys for move upward and downward when they wear the mag ion armors, i use these commands the most
I know no hotkey for this, either, but using the scroll wheel to change height and regular movement isn't too bad.
The X-Com Files / Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Last post by anyname on Today at 01:04:03 pm »
commendations_XCOMFILES.rul

Maybe it's intended this way, but it seems out-of-line that commendations for newest Dragon Breath weapons have single "Associated Commendations" type - Purifier.

[Purifier]&[Gunslinger/Trooper/Assaulter/Cannoneer] for pistol, rifle, SMG and Heavy would be more fitting.
OXCE Suggestions NEW / Re: [Suggestion] Craft size and Hangar capacity
« Last post by Meridian on Today at 12:19:55 pm »
I will be adding craft/hangar slot types.

I will likely not be adding craft/hangar size.
(at least not until I see how the types features will work out)
Help / Re: How to add weapons to the store?
« Last post by Meridian on Today at 12:10:55 pm »
It's not a hack, it's a normal modding feature.

It should work everywhere.
Unless there are other (normal) attributes potentially preventing purchase of items.

PS: btw. if you have a zip file with the mod still around, changes in the extracted files will have no effect, because the mod will be loaded directly from the original zip file
I don't understand this.

Is there a visual example of what's wrong?
OpenXcom Extended / Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Last post by Meridian on Today at 12:02:51 pm »
bug?
(motion scanner) revealed yellow arrow [Alt] is not working after scan+save+load

it is intended
XPiratez / Re: QoL query: Research menu sorting order
« Last post by Meridian on Today at 11:58:49 am »
Anyone know if its possible to change the default choice? Either already, or who to pester about modding it in? I always sort by "cost", and it would be convenient to set it as default, to avoid picking it manually each time I pick a new subject to study.

Ctrl + Alt + click on "New project" button
>"XcomUtil: Always Daytime" "XcomUtil: Always Nighttime"  both were marked yes in UFO, but not in terror from the deep. thanks i fixed it.

before i would like to ask some questions, i would like to praise you for the x-com remake or remastered version
hotkeys were SO SO SO good
buy/sell scroll bar was very good
ammo indications in white were good
skip next turn was SO good
skip intro was good
----------------------------------------------
about OpenXcom - terror from the deep with the veteran difficulty, now i am in the middle of mopping up the rest of the game, MC labs are fully operational,
but i found this along the way
the knocked out aliens are really annoying, they rise up again and again in one to several turns later, and a confirmation kill with the sonic weapons is NOT possible
i have to put 1 or 2 guards around lobstermen

in DOS original, they maybe rise 0.1 % or less, unless you stand on them
in openxcom, they may rise 70%, i didnt have many tentaculats in the missions yet, but i think they rise up too, so was this part  modded?
i am not sure of this one in the control menu, if "alien bleeding" was said to YES, then would this stop the rising behaviors?

are the number of alien colonies limited by any chance in the geoscape in openxcom? i used to have around 30 colonies all over the globe in the original DOS version before MC labs, now in OpenXCOM, all i have  is maybe 6 visible alien colonies... was kind of strange.. but much less grindy
----------------------------------------------
the next one is...
the xcom unit's movement in the control menu was set to max, but still, time wasting for moving 10 units per turn are repetitively slow and bad in my head
is there a way to make them move faster like the original? i can edit or mod a file if you can point me

the next one is my wish...
there seems to be NO hotkeys for move upward and downward when they wear the mag ion armors, i use these commands the most
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10