aliens

Author Topic: Always visible soldier psi stats?  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Shadow

• Captain
  • Veteran Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Always visible soldier psi stats?
« on: October 13, 2013, 10:48:49 pm »
Xcomutil had a nifty feature which allowed the player to see any operative's Psi Strength and Psi Skill without screening them with the Psi Lab. Is there any way to mod the ruleset to allow that or should I put up a suggestion for an advanced option somewhere? I tried modding the soldier Psi Skill minimum, raising it to 1 since that's the trigger to have the psi values show in-game, to no avail: freshly recruited agents still had their psi stats hidden.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Always visible soldier psi stats?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:40:39 am »
weird, that should have done it. (and it did when i tested it)
only thing i can think of is maybe you modified the wrong ruleset file?

Offline Shadow

• Captain
  • Veteran Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Always visible soldier psi stats?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 02:09:16 am »
The wrong one? I thought there was only one: data\Xcom1Ruleset.rul

I backed up and modified that one instead of creating a standalone module since I was just testing. Would I have to restart my game entirely? :-\

EDIT: Hold on, I realized what my mistake was. I had hired the test soldiers before making the actual change, thinking their stats would be generated only when they were delivered. I'm guessing that's not the case.

--- posts merged ---

I ran into a potential bug using a custom ruleset only tweaking the following...

Code: [Select]
soldiers:
  - type: XCOM
    minStats:
      psiStrength: 30
      psiSkill: 1

It's supposed to be modular, but for some reason, when I started a bunch of new games, the soldiers generated had bizarrely extreme values save for the psi stats. I'm talking about stats in the hundreds and thousands, both positive and negative. I was baffled by the issue for a while, but I appeared to fix it including the whole XCOM soldier type in the custom ruleset.

As I said, it's a potential bug since the modularity should've allowed the ruleset to only modify a few lines without breaking unmentioned ones. And that's usually the case.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:55:26 am by Solarius Scorch »