aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1618994 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3450 on: April 25, 2024, 04:53:14 pm »
I haven't really played around with the globe much, but just changing the countries' funding and areas shouldn't affect much beyond local score and council income, so you should be reasonably safe.

Playing with regions and terrains, on the other hand...

I don't really recommend pooling so many countries into one block, since if the aliens infiltrate that (and the increased area also increases infiltration chances), the player's financials get a rather rude cut.

The date is just cosmetic.

If you had a million MiB bases, these could have eaten your score by themselves. The other stuff indicates you did things without really understanding what exactly you were doing. :)

I don't think there's a magic method for even an experienced modder to assure you nothing will ever go wrong based on just one part of the changes. This is a complex game, and even ten lines of code can sometimes produce surprising results.

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3451 on: April 30, 2024, 08:18:54 pm »
What a complex world, you practically have to do everything yourself.
If you want to do something well, do it yourself.
I finally finished reviewing all the CMP and FMP locations (I just didn’t have the strength to get to the Terrain Pack) and this is what I got (the file “MAP_FMP-CMP.zip” is attached below<error - big size file. Reduced weight by 10x).

These are all the locations that are in CMP and all the FMP locations (I did a review on my FMP-RAVEN, so there are different UFOs and a lot of civilians and there are 2 locations with a ship in the port from TP). Apparently, almost all locations from CMP were added to FMP (there are 12 more locations in CMP), only those locations that cannot be reduced to 6 floors and maybe a few more minor ones are not there, all the rest are there.

Well, CMP and a bulky mod, the locations are 9 floors, the game was slow on my 32-bit phone, it’s good that in FMP they are limited to 6 floors.
As for the list of all locations, what I did should have been done long ago either by the creators of CMP or someone else. I had to do everything myself to see the entire list of locations and decide what to do with them.
If you want to see what all the locations from FMP or CMP look like and how they differ and which ones were added to FMP, then you don't need to take 200 screenshots like me, just download the file below and see all the locations.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 11:17:44 am by _Raven_ »