Author Topic: Multi-Craft Hangars, Craft Sizes, Custom Craft Classifications & More...  (Read 4928 times)

Offline WarStalkeR

• Sergeant
  • Repensum Est Canicula
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-Craft Hangars, Craft Sizes, Custom Craft Classifications & More...
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2024, 06:18:32 pm »
i really like this, plus those hangars are very cool! Hope. In the meantime it iis possible yo download that submod?
Sadly no, since this submod isn't even published and still pretty much work in progress. And it is utterly unbalanced :D

After taking some time to develop my branch, I have to say, that every feature I want to implement will take 3-5 more time to be finished, than I estimate =)
Finishing adding the feature isn't problem. Problem is to polish it afterwards to ensure that all edge cases taken into account and you don't end up with some weird behavior, you never intended for. And to ensure that newly added code is as readable as original code.

Offline WarStalkeR

• Sergeant
  • Repensum Est Canicula
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-Craft Hangars, Craft Sizes, Custom Craft Classifications & More...
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2024, 06:17:10 pm »
I decided to reorganize all my commits (and how I will handle them in the future), so each of my commits is dedicated feature which anybody can take for themselves.

I've made them independent one from another, except for craft sizes/classification and multi-craft hangars, since multi-craft hangar sorting relies on craft sizes and can't operate without it.

If somebody desires to take inspiration, how specific feature is implemented or just implement it your own code, you can easily do so. Enjoy: https://github.com/WarStalkeR/OpenXcomExMore/commits/oxce-plus-more/

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
The user 0xEBJC has already create some mod-alike for openxcom files (posted here and even avaiable on opencom's mod io page); Dioxine himself is waiting OXCE to support it so we may have still to wait eons to see it?  :P