aliens

Author Topic: Crops and MIBs  (Read 777 times)

Offline Belcanzor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Crops and MIBs
« on: December 10, 2023, 02:59:05 pm »
They come at turn 10.
- Can they be defeated? I put 2 to sleep with electric stick but they are too many.
- Reinforces stop?

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Crops and MIBs
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 03:30:02 pm »
Did you read the mission description? You're supposed to finish the mission before they come to annihilate you. You're not supposed to fight MIB reinforcements. The first wave is relatively easy compared to the second wave, which also includes tanks.

(At a much more advanced stage, I have sometimes wondered if someone would intentionally want to delay the mission to kill of the reinforcements and get loot and/or MIB captives.)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 03:40:04 pm by psavola »

Offline Belcanzor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 03:36:23 pm »
I read the report but I also "fail" a mission with deep ones and win. Thanks for answer.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 03:41:50 pm »
Anything can be defeated, depending on what you have access to.

As psavola said, the reinforcements are very finite, with 'only' two waves. But I've seen more than one optimistic streamer get creamed by these fellows.

The biggest issue is that you either need to kill the first wave within five turns, or have something that can take out a tank. Given the trouble people seem to have with Red Dawn HQ with just armoured cars, that's much easier said than done.

Edit to the edit: I've sometimes done that. But by the time you can do so easily, a few BO guns and amnesiacs in black suits aren't quite the prize they'd be earlier on. Maybe if you lack MiBs to research.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 03:43:57 pm by Juku121 »

Offline Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 11:21:48 am »
Just did those. At promo-III it's moderately difficult. Probably never worth it, unless you want to boost some ~500-800 score or up finances a little.

Offline DeltaEpsilon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 10:25:17 pm »
- Can they be defeated? I put 2 to sleep with electric stick but they are too many.
Yes they can.

- Reinforces stop?
Yes they do, they only arrive in two waves.

Edit to the edit: I've sometimes done that. But by the time you can do so easily, a few BO guns and amnesiacs in black suits aren't quite the prize they'd be earlier on. Maybe if you lack MiBs to research.
The big benefit of taking them on is to acquire laser and mass driver weapons early.